Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2009, 02:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Lamptron controllers

Anybody tried Lamtron fan controllers in action? Are they any good for serious fans Delta/San Aces?
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old December 1, 2009, 03:11 PM
HaDeS

gotta good link somewhere?
Old December 1, 2009, 07:00 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I have a lamptron FC-2 and an FC-3 that both squeal like crazy at anything other than max. I tested the FC-2 with a Delta 150cfm and it controlled it easily but the squeal is way too much to handle. Lots of people have had the same trouble with the FC-2 but it was supposed to be fixed but the one i got from NCIX must have been old stock.
Old December 1, 2009, 10:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

Thanks for input. Will proceed with caution... :)
Old December 2, 2009, 12:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer265@ View Post
I have a lamptron FC-2 and an FC-3 that both squeal like crazy at anything other than max. I tested the FC-2 with a Delta 150cfm and it controlled it easily but the squeal is way too much to handle. Lots of people have had the same trouble with the FC-2 but it was supposed to be fixed but the one i got from NCIX must have been old stock.
I can vouch for this but I get my units from a different source

Ill make this easy for me by Copy and paste one of my responses on ocn forums regarding this

Quote:
You know what this is actually a interesting saying and also debatable.

I have two Fc-2 fan controllers with me, one old one that I have with PCB number LFC2090102F01 and the new one is unmarked. The new one I have purchased recently from P-Pcs

I do admit the statement was right for the old version of the product because when I put my Yate loons D12SM-12 into it, it made pulsing noises when the knob was in specific ranges except max. It also had some weird aesthetic issue with the LEDs being blocked which I mentioned about in my FC-2 mod
Lamptron FC-2 Fan Controller Aesthetic Mod - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Now this new one I got is actually different. The first thing I noticed with the product was that when I installed my Yate Loons D12SM-12 into it to test it, there was no pulsing sounds in all ranges of turning the knob. Another thing I noticed was the fact that the LED issue is fixed!

I think they really do improve their products.
I only tested Yate Loons so I have no idea how it is on other fans.

This other one looks more promising recently posted in air cooling

Lamptron FC-5 prototype gets the go ahead for launch!

I think I see a San ace in the back ground

Last edited by IKIKUINTHENUTZ; December 2, 2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old December 2, 2009, 07:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If I recall, I was emailing Lamptron back and forth about the FC-2 and the pulsing issues as I was going to buy one a while ago until I found out about that. They told me they had revised it, and well it seems like there's evidence of that now.

The issue is however getting a new unit rather than the old stock.
Old December 2, 2009, 08:20 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
If I recall, I was emailing Lamptron back and forth about the FC-2 and the pulsing issues as I was going to buy one a while ago until I found out about that. They told me they had revised it, and well it seems like there's evidence of that now.

The issue is however getting a new unit rather than the old stock.
I have been waiting to hear back form Lamptron for a while and yet no response yet.
Old December 2, 2009, 11:21 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I have no experience with their controllers, but you guys might want to check out this thread if you haven't seen it yet.

Lamptron FC5 Prototype

It would appear that we have a rep posting on this forum.
Old December 2, 2009, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

DId know they have somebody in NJ....
Old January 27, 2010, 08:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Just wanted to add to this thread. I just bought the Lamprton FC3 from directcanada.com to replace my Sunbeam Extreme. Big mistake, the Lamptron has the worst squeal and its going to drive me nuts. My fans have to be turned up to almost full before the squeal goes away. I have emailed Lamptron but I might just RMA the unit (within 30 days) and try and get another Sunbeam (black seems to be out of stock everywhere).