Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2009, 05:41 PM
Top Prospect

How do you fill the T3? Is it super convenient since it's a drive bay?
Old November 24, 2009, 06:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
How do you fill the T3? Is it super convenient since it's a drive bay?
This is the major downside of the t3, the best way to fill and bleed this thing is with the case on its back.
Old November 26, 2009, 11:49 PM
MVP

Yeh, the filling and bleeding is a bit of a p.i.t.a. Especially if you have a rad mounted on the back of the case. But once its all said and done it isn't too painful.

Definitely use teflon tape on whatever fittings you use. I'm kinda dissapointed it didn't come with instructions. I had issues with mine leaking around the pump o-ring and the ghost fittings. Put the stock o-ring in and some barbs with teflon tape, and its been good so far. Does make me a little nervous having a pump/res combo sitting right above my hdd's. But that comes with the territory of wc'ing.

Old November 27, 2009, 01:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
Yeh, the filling and bleeding is a bit of a p.i.t.a. Especially if you have a rad mounted on the back of the case. But once its all said and done it isn't too painful.

Definitely use teflon tape on whatever fittings you use. I'm kinda dissapointed it didn't come with instructions. I had issues with mine leaking around the pump o-ring and the ghost fittings. Put the stock o-ring in and some barbs with teflon tape, and its been good so far. Does make me a little nervous having a pump/res combo sitting right above my hdd's. But that comes with the territory of wc'ing.
I noticed you have the same plugs in the front of your t3 as I did. You should check to make sure they're not steel, mine were and were already rusting badly after 2 weeks.
Old November 27, 2009, 05:38 PM
Top Prospect

Ooh, T3 doesn't look so good no more:

Any Black Firday WC stuff? - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Any other option? I personally hate the Micros Res V2, so inconvenient, no place to put it.

Thanks.
Old November 27, 2009, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

You can look into EK-MultiRes - very flexible for connectivity and good looking too. T3 is rather ugly IMHO.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old December 1, 2009, 08:40 PM
Top Prospect

Is the T3 really as bad as OCN says it is?
Old December 1, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

As far as I am aware, the T3 is not very good. On more than one occasion it has been reported to have little bubbles in the acrylic and that lead to cracks for a few people, which in turn caused huge leaks. Also, I can say I have heard many more negative responses than positive ones.
Old December 1, 2009, 09:13 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
As far as I am aware, the T3 is not very good. On more than one occasion it has been reported to have little bubbles in the acrylic and that lead to cracks for a few people, which in turn caused huge leaks. Also, I can say I have heard many more negative responses than positive ones.
Its been so bad that Primochill is bringing all the tooling equipment from China to the US to address the poor quality control.
Old December 2, 2009, 07:07 PM
Top Prospect

aw that sucks, it's such a good idea.

I hope one day something similar to the T3 comes *hopes*