Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15, 2009, 08:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer265@ View Post
If you use barbs with lots of threads in the koolance block it can block flow from getting into the block because of how thin it is. Anywhere else in your loop the EKs wont hurt anything.

Really Koolance... Come on you crooks! Making people using only your fittings

Wait... does that mean my BitsPowers fitting wont work??? That I complained about, and did not totally just buy some
Old November 15, 2009, 08:49 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yes bitspower will work on koolance blocks. I used them on the one koolance gpu block i had.
Old November 15, 2009, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
Really Koolance... Come on you crooks! Making people using only your fittings

Wait... does that mean my BitsPowers fitting wont work??? That I complained about, and did not totally just buy some
Heh, no conspiracy (this time). They may have changed more recently, but EK's barbs (and some other brands) for the longest time had fairly long threads, and when you screwed them into the copper side of some full-cover waterblocks, they could actually screw in far enough to block flow from going down into the block. It started about the same time companies worked on making their GPU full-cover blocks as skinny as possible to make them single-slot width and save on copper costs.

Other than that, the barbs are just fine anywhere, and they shouldn't have issues on the acetal/acrylic sides of the full-cover GPU blocks either. You can usually eyeball them and compare them to see if that's going to be an issue. BP's stuff has short threads, so you won't have issues there.
Old November 15, 2009, 09:35 AM
HaDeS

you need to bang and tilt and bang and fill and pump and bang and... until you get the loop full and running. that 420 rad is gonna use a ton of water and takes longer to fill up than most would thing. You've basically got a 720 rad? with the duals. That's a lot of water mate...
Old November 15, 2009, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Heh, no conspiracy (this time). They may have changed more recently, but EK's barbs (and some other brands) for the longest time had fairly long threads, and when you screwed them into the copper side of some full-cover waterblocks, they could actually screw in far enough to block flow from going down into the block. It started about the same time companies worked on making their GPU full-cover blocks as skinny as possible to make them single-slot width and save on copper costs.

Other than that, the barbs are just fine anywhere, and they shouldn't have issues on the acetal/acrylic sides of the full-cover GPU blocks either. You can usually eyeball them and compare them to see if that's going to be an issue. BP's stuff has short threads, so you won't have issues there.

It was definitly the EK Barbs. I replaced them with some shorter Swiftech ones, and DONE! IT FLOWS!!!

Now I fill it with only distilled, wash out and blue Feser Fluid, and leak test with clean distilled water untill my BP ones come in!
Old November 15, 2009, 10:25 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Nice , just a suspicion i had , i rembered a thread a long time ago at xs with somebody having the same problem.
Old November 15, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

That Laing 5 pump and aftermarket EK top really flow... Wow... (Im use to a Swiftech Apogee Drive lol!)
Old November 15, 2009, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Congrats man, I've been watching this thread and couldn't come up with any useful answer. All I know is I would've been way more frustrated than you sound in your videos!
Old November 15, 2009, 04:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

@ AmuseMe

Congrats, I've been watching too.

@ brewer265@

That was a nice bit of info there, nice one!
Old November 15, 2009, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Interesting... did not think about that at all.

Congrats on resolution :)
HTPC Build: Final Video