Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai_polo View Post
Dude, what setting is you pump set to if it's the vario? That looks like a pump issue and since you have an aftermarket pump top you may have messed up the installation. You can either test it with a different pump or test your pump. If your in toronto I have a pump you can borrow.

HOlla.

I think it was a pump issue. Not only did I take down the whole watercooling loop, but disasembled everything, including that pump. I cleaned every part with distilled water and a lint free cloth. I put the pump back together, and made an infinite loop of Resivoir > Pump > Resivoirs... It pushed a lot, and quick! Not only that, I used it to flush out the 120.4 Radiator. It made a burp sound (the radiator, and than leftover coolant poured out and that pump just flew the water through it... Wait, maybe there was a big bubble in the 120.4???
Old November 12, 2009, 06:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
You can set up EK res as you pleased. No rules. Some people mount it upside down from your picture, other use two bottom parts... This is truly universal res.

Setting inlet and outlet by different sides of divider at the bottom will reduce vortex effect.
Yup... I noticed that Vorex thing... So having them on opposite sides should solve this?
Old November 12, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

You'll still get a vortex if your flow is good, it's just the way cylindrical reservoirs are. A good way to stop it is to screw a barb into the underside of the top, and run a short piece of tubing down from it, to interfere with any vortex formation. A little ghetto, but works pretty well.
Old November 12, 2009, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

There is also anticyclone insert option that reduce spinning considerably. I also make sure it is full up to the top.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old November 13, 2009, 05:30 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
I think it was a pump issue. Not only did I take down the whole watercooling loop, but disasembled everything, including that pump. I cleaned every part with distilled water and a lint free cloth. I put the pump back together, and made an infinite loop of Resivoir > Pump > Resivoirs... It pushed a lot, and quick! Not only that, I used it to flush out the 120.4 Radiator. It made a burp sound (the radiator, and than leftover coolant poured out and that pump just flew the water through it... Wait, maybe there was a big bubble in the 120.4???
Yeah, that's what I thought. You probably didn't assemble the pump properlly when you add the EK top. No problems. All is well now? How about another video.

Hope your feeling better.

-D
Old November 13, 2009, 07:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai_polo View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought. You probably didn't assemble the pump properlly when you add the EK top. No problems. All is well now? How about another video.

Hope your feeling better.

-D
I'll try to throw up the video I made of just the pump test. I have I fully assembled again, just double checking every attatchment etc. I also plan on doing another video of the setup just to get some input from you all - really to just see if you guys catch something I didn't
Old November 13, 2009, 03:53 PM
Top Prospect

Cool.
Old November 13, 2009, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Could I take the plastic part if a jewel-case (Plastic CD), and cut out my own "anti vortex thing using a glass cutter?
Old November 13, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
Could I take the plastic part if a jewel-case (Plastic CD), and cut out my own "anti vortex thing using a glass cutter?
As long as it fits securely, doesn't rattle around, and doesn't completely block the water from going from the inlet to the outlet, go right ahead. Another ghetto option for an anti-vortex mod is to wedge a (expired) credit card into the tube - works great. You can even paint it a particular colour beforehand, if you want.
Old November 14, 2009, 09:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

Okay, so the pump can push water through everything when seperatly hooked up. However, I hooked it all up, no apparant leaks, but it still is doing the same thing...Airlock?