Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I think all the warning really means is not to add further dyes/additives or mix two different colours together.
That is correct, you supposed to add UV Dye of same color after 6 months to keep UV property of F1 liquid. Also, direct sunlight kills UV property, so make sure they stored in the dark!
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old November 9, 2009, 06:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
That is correct, you supposed to add UV Dye of same color after 6 months to keep UV property of F1 liquid. Also, direct sunlight kills UV property, so make sure they stored in the dark!
Well I don't typically don't have my loop running for 6 months, so I didn't know that. And yeah I keep my bottles of F1 out of the sun, my room is in the basement anyhow so not a ton of sun comes in through the window.
Old January 16, 2012, 08:09 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Fesser Blue Issues

Quote:
The part that may couse problems is UV pigment. They are very active chemicals and different colors react with each other.

I use following method to change Feser One from one color to another:

1. Drain my loop
2. Fill with distilled water, run it for few minutes and drain again
3. Repeat 2
4. Fill with new color.

Never had any problem with flaking.

Be extra cautious if replacing Promochill liquid with F1 and visa verso. Those two make spectacular fountain when mixed directly.
Dazmode -

You ever hear of issues using the Fesser UV Blue? I was reading on OC.com people having some issues with gumming of their CPU blocks. If so, would you recommend going with the UV tubing with DW?

thanks -

CD
Old January 16, 2012, 08:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0llateralDamag3 View Post
Dazmode -

You ever hear of issues using the Fesser UV Blue? I was reading on OC.com people having some issues with gumming of their CPU blocks. If so, would you recommend going with the UV tubing with DW?

thanks -

CD
We sold about 300 bottles of F1 blue in past 3 years. This is the most popular color. I have two customers who reported dye separation or some sort of gunk in the loop. Nobody ever complained about any other color.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old January 16, 2012, 09:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I am using the feser one black, drained my loop but not completely of water before, no problems now, been running it for a year. Stuff has zero conductivity, tested it with an ohmmeter.
I bet I could disprove that theory
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old January 16, 2012, 01:12 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
We sold about 300 bottles of F1 blue in past 3 years. This is the most popular color. I have two customers who reported dye separation or some sort of gunk in the loop. Nobody ever complained about any other color.

I would imagine it's all about percentages, there are bound to be a few issues. The threads I read, stated they were running fairly hot for a period of time. I discounted it to those burns, but I wanted to see what your perspective was.

Thanks for the info -
Old January 16, 2012, 01:19 PM

My System Specs

Feser isn't a bad dye. It shouldn't break down. Primochill dye is the one you should stay away from. Also stick w/ Primoflex LRT for tubing if you are going w/ a clear tubing.