Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2009, 07:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default bits power and switftech

ok i bought some bits power fittings from ncix NCIX.com - Buy Bitspower G1/4 High Flow 1/2IN Barb Fittings for 1/2IN ID Tubing - Dark Nickel Plated (Pair) - BP20154 In Canada. now the i have had to double the O rings on them because they leak on my gtz blocks and not a little leak. but this is one of those things i would normally never want to do. but it seems to work so far so good just wondering if anyone else has had this problems with these fittings first time i have had a problem with bits power fittings sealing
Old November 2, 2009, 07:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

This is a known issue with some Swiftech parts - the recessed fitting holes on some of their parts don't play well with some fittings, especially when the fittings have thin o-rings. If the double o-rings are working, fine, but I'd normally suggest hitting your hardware store's plumbing section and grabbing some thicker o-rings. If you use two o-rings on top of each other, it's possible for them to slide over each other when the fitting is tightened down, letting water leak through.
Old November 2, 2009, 07:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

really never heard about that at all. but your right it's the o ring but so far so good thanks need to get some new blocks anyway
Old November 2, 2009, 09:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

Yes, PB will leak on any blocks that have additional carving area around threaded inlet/outlet. Good idea to have few thick o-rings around...
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old November 2, 2009, 10:16 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I had a similar problem with those barbs and my mcw60 r2's. I just used a thicker o-ring and added some plumbers tape - it seemed to do the trick
Old November 2, 2009, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well so far the double o ring is working fine testing for a 24h period and should be good ya it's the small receded section on the gtz blocks sucks. well i have 2 gtz adn i think it might be time to pickup a heat killer off of dazmode just waiting to see where this takes me
Old November 2, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
dazmode just waiting to see where this takes me
for the one million dollars... Buha-ha-ha...
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old November 2, 2009, 12:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

so far so good