Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4, 2009, 05:57 AM
Top Prospect

Lol.. yeah, in a 922 I think the method I outlined would be best, or at least really good.
Old November 4, 2009, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya i thought he had a 932 not a 922 mis-read. and the monsta does fit in the top of the 932 I almost bought one so i measured it all up. off of daz. just running so many rads to me is pointless a good double will do my i7
Old November 4, 2009, 11:32 AM
Top Prospect

Good double rad should be enough for just the cpu. But if he adds a video card or chipsets he gonna want more.
Old November 4, 2009, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

a double rad is good for a lot more then just cpu. c2d not i7 hell i could do the setup i am running on a dual rad just got a good deal on a triple so why not
EDIT i ran a q6600@3.6 on a single temps were great and have run many a quad on a single rad so why would he need so many rads it's water
Old November 5, 2009, 02:29 AM
HaDeS

If he wants to OC extreme he's gonna need a dual rad in my honest opinion. IC7 is a waste of time and effort the pay off simply isn't worth it.. if you are worried about a degree or 2 lap the cpu and the heat sink. I've learned that plain jane thermal paste works just fine and doesn't conduct electricity like arctic silver and you can apply it with a modeling paint brush with NO effort. You could purchase a life time supply of regular old non conducting white thermal paste for the same cost as one small tube of ic7 or silver. If he absolutely plans to water cool his entire rig he should consider getting a triple rad or double up on the mcr220's

The mcr 220 in a push pull would probably do you just fine and if it's not enough you can stack those rads if I'm thinking of the right ones. That Apogee looks sexy.