Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2009, 05:43 PM
Top Prospect

no they will be low as i would like for anyone and everyone that wants to be involved to get involved
Old November 10, 2009, 09:02 AM
Top Prospect

ok guys i have the systems all done for the most part so lets get this all started
Old November 11, 2009, 12:24 PM
Top Prospect

well guys i would like to get this started but i need help working everything out so i ask again can some one help me get things worked out so we can get started. now if no one wants to help then maybe i will just sell the units but i would rather give them away for prizes but if this does not work then maybe i will just talk to the guys and get them into another contest as prizes as it just seems like no one wants to help
Old November 11, 2009, 01:27 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus View Post
well guys i would like to get this started but i need help working everything out so i ask again can some one help me get things worked out so we can get started. now if no one wants to help then maybe i will just sell the units but i would rather give them away for prizes but if this does not work then maybe i will just talk to the guys and get them into another contest as prizes as it just seems like no one wants to help
The way I see it is we have a folding contest going on right now by ASUS. If you started your competition now, all that would happen is that you would have two folding contests running at the same time, sort of defeating the purpose. I'd suggest waiting until the ASUS contest is over, and then start yours, that way, it would only be your contest people are folding for. The ASUS one ends at Nov. 22nd if I remember correctly, so you could start yours the following Monday (23rd) and run it for a couple of weeks.

I would talk to Gav to see if you can use the pre-existing rules which are here and then see if can use the same layout as the current ASUS contest page but modify it for your needs.

Lastly, it would take only a few minutes for a google form to be set up so that only the people wanting to win the prize could fill it out, with some information to track them (i.e. name/folding name/folding ID). I don't know the best way to track points but it could probably be done manually by using extremeoverclocking.com folding stats (I think they are accurate enough, and have a "CSV output for historical data" )

Last edited by Fox; November 11, 2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old November 11, 2009, 03:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You could just set this up as a second prize for the contest.....
Old November 11, 2009, 05:04 PM
Top Prospect

ya i would love to just use it a second prize in the one that is going on right now but i have to wait to here back from gav
Old November 11, 2009, 07:59 PM
Top Prospect

ok guys since fox was the only one to step up to help out and run this thing i am giving him the chiller if he wants it so the draw is for one phase change unit and shipping will be $60cnd
Old November 11, 2009, 08:45 PM
HaDeS

ok...
Old November 12, 2009, 07:27 PM
Top Prospect

ok guys i think this is how we are going to run the contest just waiting on the ok from gav so we will be starting soon

Here is what the basic rule/contest would look like, as this is modified from the contest running right now. I would definitely check with Gav, as I don't know the rules for setting up contests.

The other thing I would check with is how they keep track of who folds what. I am just wondering since the contest has there name on it, if they want to be the ones who track points. (i.e. if using google forms to collect ID's then doing it manually is frowned upon.)

The last thing is that I don't know how getting the prize to the owner will be, so you might want to state where the prize comes from, how much shipping will be etc, before someone wins it and finds out they can't afford anything.

Anyways, the basic layout is below, although it will probably need modification. Cheers!

Quote:

November 23rd December 14th 2009

Win a Custom Made Phase Change Cooler by Ruffus

From November 23rd to December 14th, 2009 Hardware Canucks will be running a contest to reward our dedicated folders for their commitment and performance in Folding at Home!

IMPORTANT! You must complete the Google Form and fold for Team #54196 to receive your entries

How it Works:

The contest will be a random draw. We have determined our own unique milestones that folders must achieve; these will translate into draw entries. Starting November 23rd, 2009 at 2:00PM PST we will begin tallying the points you accumulate until the end of the contest on December 14th, 2009. The amount you achieve will net you the corresponding number of entries in the table below (these don't stack).

For Details on Setting up Folding @ Home - Visit Hardware Canucks F@H How-To

Rules:

• Open to all Residents of Canada (including Quebec) and the United States of America, excluding residents of Rhode Island, New York and Florida. Additionally contest is void where prohibited.
  • Only points gained under a contest's username for team #54196 (Hardware Canucks Forum) will be considered valid.
  • Only one folding account per member will be calculated. If you run multiple folding accounts under the HWC Folding team (aside from popular communal accounts) please use your primary folding name when filling out the details on the form.
  • You must complete the Google form, linked on the Contest Landing Page in order to be eligible to receive milestone entries and be entered into the draw.
  • Contest opens November 23rd, 2009 12:01AM CST and closes December 14th 11:59PM PST
  • Winner will be chosen within 7 days of contest close and informed via private message and/or e-mail address registered with Hardware Canucks
  • For further contest rules refer to our Contest Terms and Conditions

Old November 23, 2009, 06:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

does the contest start?