Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2009, 11:22 AM
Top Prospect

I think some sort of folding contest makes the most sense as it may benefit others as well. Here's a fun little idea as well.. A my brute contest. Everyone must create a brute on the same day and who ever's brute it the higest level by contest end wins. !!! Easy and free.
Old October 26, 2009, 02:17 PM
Top Prospect

ok well we have got the most people saying folding so lets do that for one of them as it will be a draw so everyone has a chance to win even the guys that have no folding farm. now what ever u guys want to do for the second one i am up for as i will be starting to put the chiller together tomorrow
Old October 26, 2009, 02:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus View Post
ok well we have got the most people saying folding so lets do that for one of them as it will be a draw so everyone has a chance to win even the guys that have no folding farm. now what ever u guys want to do for the second one i am up for as i will be starting to put the chiller together tomorrow

Second prize should be for cooling/skill like 4GHZ limit lowest SuperPi 32M score so 99% ppl can enter this too or best looking/performing liquid cooling setup. Something about cooling plz
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Old October 26, 2009, 08:29 PM
Top Prospect

ok guys me and gav have worked it out and it will be a folding contest just like the last one i do beleave and we are still in talks about the second one. so i am letting everyone know that this system should be done within 2 weeks so maybe we should work on a date on when we would like to start this and rules
Old October 26, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

start counting now and have higher point counts, same rules as before, you get more entries for more points and 1 extra for having folded up till now.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old October 27, 2009, 04:28 PM
Top Prospect

sounds good to me. and hopping to get onto the water chiller sometime today
Old October 30, 2009, 10:52 PM
Top Prospect

ok guys here is a up date on the building of the water chiller
so it is a
6000/btu rotory
12 plate HX
CPEV 5psi to 100psi
and reciver
hoping to get more do tomorrow some time maybe get it charged but not to sure
Attached Images

Old October 31, 2009, 11:08 PM
Top Prospect

ok guys had the chiller running today but i have to borrow a pump from a friend and then work out a way to set it all up so i can do a load test on it but its all set up
Old November 2, 2009, 04:05 AM
HaDeS

Bleh if its folding count me out... its boring and unoriginal. It also uses power, creates heat and fan noise... non of which work for me. When it gets colder I'll fold again with lower settings. Also the last bout with folding screwed the thermal sensor on my PSU causing the fan to run 100 percent so folding is all find and dandy but when it ruins perfectly good hardware... Yah i'm a folding noob. It's a cooling thing... it should be about cooling not about folding. Zero theme zero interest. Good luck with your contest.

The super pi thing is pretty much takes AMD out of the picture as the i7's destroy. Again it's a cooling thing why would this be about bench marks? I'd be more impressed with a HIGH stable OC or some kind of impressive water cooling mod... so many things a guy could do or even multiple things other than boring old folding. Whats more... if its about folding you throw in the masses of people who would never really appreciate the top prize let alone actually use the damn thing what it's meant for.

my 0.2cents.
Old November 2, 2009, 10:51 AM
Top Prospect

like i have said the first contest i have no control over but the second one i can do what ever i wish so stick around keep your 2 cents in this thread and we can work things out as i would love to see u guys build some cooling systems of your own but thats just me