Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus View Post
so i just got this unit done and its ready to go out to the customer on monday let me know what u guys think.
first pic is of temps and watt load so this system holds 300 watts of heat @ -30c
what I think is that people are crazy, but I also want one, so I guess I cant talk.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old October 22, 2009, 09:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Nice stuff !

I have a couple questions.

You say you made these . Are You doing all the fabrication yourself ? Brazing/gas fill etc.. ?

Where did you learn to do this ? Are you a licenced AC tech or something ? What course should I take ?

------

Ok......I have an issue too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus View Post
first pic is of temps and watt load so this system holds 300 watts of heat @ -30c
In the picture , exactly what is that kill-a-watt showing ? 300 watt load on what ? The PSU of the computer ?

----

/me practices brazing.

Old October 22, 2009, 09:42 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
In the picture , exactly what is that kill-a-watt showing ? 300 watt load on what ? The PSU of the computer ?
I assume it's a static heat load of some sort, possibly a resistor (or several).
Old October 22, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Ok , just checking , but I wanna see that !

Old October 23, 2009, 03:32 AM
Top Prospect

ok guys yes i do all the work my self the only thing i get a bit of help with is the cases as i have a guy that has access to a sheet metel shop so he helps make them. now i am in school right now to get all my tickets but most of what i know i have learned doing alot of reading and asking alot of questions to the right people.

ok and the kill-a-watt meter is showwing the 300 watts that the 2 250watt heater cartriges the load block is showen here with frost all over it

and i don't see y u would be crazy just think the colder u can get the cpu the better chance u have of say hitting 5ghz to 6 ghz (most guys use LN2 to get to this high of ghz
Attached Images

Old October 23, 2009, 08:37 AM
Rookie

My E8600 just wouldn't surpass 4.8ghz on water or air even in the dead canadian winter until I met ruffus

Old October 23, 2009, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

holy crap, I love it.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old October 23, 2009, 02:49 PM
Top Prospect

thanks for posting that kyle i was looking for some of the stuff jody did with the cascade but then i remembered that all of the screen shots are on his HDD
and ozze did that big just with his CPU with just a single stage just think with a cascade ih could of got 6 ghz or maybe a bit more
Old October 28, 2009, 08:51 PM
Top Prospect

ok guys got some work done on the water chiller but i have to ask even though not many people will understand what i am asking but some will. so i was thinking how would i do this system would i do it cap tube,CPEV or would i do it TEV as i have all 3 here and could use any which one i want so some input by u guys would help what would u guys like to see. would u want it simple like cap tube ajustbule like a cpev or self ajusting like with a TEV. so what would u guys like to see?