Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2009, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzend View Post
im planning to buy Cosmos S too so i can fit it in.. currently using antec 1200 which cant fit in for sure..
I believe you can fit triple in drive cage area and still have 1 or 2 CD slots.

Quote:
and about the reservoir, he said t-line is better in throwing the air away
Incorrect. Process called bleeding.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old October 15, 2009, 07:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
iono, it's like a combo.. i havent done any bargain.. i think i can lower the price to $220.. (hope so :D)
what are ur temps?

yea probly i'll keep 1 for next time if i get addicted or w/e.. :D

yea i'll try bargaining.. hope can lower it to $220.. :D

im planning to buy Cosmos S too so i can fit it in.. currently using antec 1200 which cant fit in for sure..
and about the reservoir, he said t-line is better in throwing the air away or something like that.. :confused:

So, what should i do then?
If he throws some decent barbs in, lowers his price and/or adds fans (BTW if you check Direct Canada they should have two MCR320's that I returned two weeks ago at an open box price) and you trust the guy, go for it. You have to start somewhere. It's going to be a learning experience to say the least and you will probably have questions and need parts even after you think you have it all :) For example buying fans can be an experience on its own, I've got at least 12 extra fans laying around after building my latest rig :) I originally wanted what I consider to be the best (Gentle Typhoon 1850 rpm) couldn't find them anywhere so I tested a few different configurations. Then one day found a Canadian distributor that had some in stock
One of things you will have to do is spend a LOT of time reading reviews, builds, etc. on the various water cooling forums.

I'm oced at 4.2Mhz @ 1.38v, idle temp is 37c full load (running Prime95 or OCCT )temp is 67-70c. You will never see those high temps in every day use.
Old October 15, 2009, 07:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
At 4.0 GHZ I was 42 idle and 61 load. $220 would be more in line for used equipment. And you'll love the Cosmos, I had one before I moved to the TJ-07.

Get a res, what he said about the T-line is straight BS.
yea i prefer res to actually.. ok so what i should do are :

buy 1 rad, pump, gtz, tubes from him and reservoir, coolant from store?
is there anything to do to make it load under 60?
Old October 15, 2009, 07:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
I believe you can fit triple in drive cage area and still have 1 or 2 CD slots.

Incorrect. Process called bleeding.
oh soo take the bays off? and put the rad there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmark View Post
If he throws some decent barbs in, lowers his price and/or adds fans (BTW if you check Direct Canada they should have two MCR320's that I returned two weeks ago at an open box price) and you trust the guy, go for it. You have to start somewhere. It's going to be a learning experience to say the least and you will probably have questions and need parts even after you think you have it all :) For example buying fans can be an experience on its own, I've got at least 12 extra fans laying around after building my latest rig :) I originally wanted what I consider to be the best (Gentle Typhoon 1850 rpm) couldn't find them anywhere so I tested a few different configurations. Then one day found a Canadian distributor that had some in stock
One of things you will have to do is spend a LOT of time reading reviews, builds, etc. on the various water cooling forums.

I'm oced at 4.2Mhz @ 1.38v, idle temp is 37c full load (running Prime95 or OCCT )temp is 67-70c. You will never see those high temps in every day use.
i want the san ace but cant find it in canada.. :(
what lying fans do u have?

yea i have dealt with him once.. so it should be fine dealing with him again..
Old October 15, 2009, 08:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

There are San Aces in Canada. You just didn't look hard.

Check this:

YouTube - How to Fix Water Cooling Radiator Inside of the Case - LCWB#8
Old October 15, 2009, 08:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
There are San Aces in Canada. You just didn't look hard.

Check this:

YouTube - How to Fix Water Cooling Radiator Inside of the Case - LCWB#8
oh wow, cool.. ok, so from what he is offering me, which should i take and which should not?
then what else to buy in stores?
Old October 15, 2009, 08:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'd say skip one radiator.... the rest worth no more then $150.
Old October 15, 2009, 09:30 PM
Rookie

I'd also do as Daze suggests here. Besides you will need the extra cash for other parts :)

Quote:
iono, it's like a combo.. i havent done any bargain.. i think i can lower the price to $220.. (hope so :D)
what are ur temps?

yea probly i'll keep 1 for next time if i get addicted or w/e.. :D

yea i'll try bargaining.. hope can lower it to $220.. :D

and about the reservoir, he said t-line is better in throwing the air away or something like that.. :confused:

So, what should i do then?
Quote:
I'd say skip one radiator.... the rest worth no more then $150.
Old October 16, 2009, 06:53 PM
Rookie

Reservoir:
XSPC Premium Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO REV2 Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir

which 1?
Old October 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I would go with the swiftech micro-res. Best bang for the buck res and easy to bleed all the air out of your loop with.