Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2009, 07:00 AM
Rookie

Thumbs up Aquacomputer

Well, I am a "n00b" to this forum and I searched a bit for aquacomputer.de posts or threads and I couldn't find much so I decided to thread a dedicated discussion on aquacomputer experience and tips.

I have been working with aquacomputer products for 2 years now and I love this German hardware! I realize for all of you Canadians out there, there is not much opportunity for purchase with this particulare company...

And now to my experience. I built my first aquacomputer with a 9800 GX2 and failed misreably because of my inexperience in water-cooling. However, after 3 attempts on builds I am finally satified! I have an nVidia GTX 295 and my Kentsfield q6600 cooled by aquacomputer.

My favorite part of the aquacomputer hardware is the AquaSuite software interface! You can control your entire system with software! And this is part of the reason for my post. I am a software developer and the Suite is open for development and I am curious if I can find any hardware enthusiasts out there who are looking to help me develop a bit on this suite! I have some ideas but I am lacking the team and knowledge to do the work!

Well, now I will let the members get creative and share with me any particular experiences they have with Aquacomputer parts!

Have fun and I look forward to hearing from you!
-c0defreak
Old October 7, 2009, 08:00 PM

spam for sure.

FYI OP - Aquacomputer's availability in Canada isn't very good because their pricing sucks, turnaround times are abysmal, and there's just no real demand because performance is a great big "meh" compared to what we already have here.

That's why you don't see any discussion about it in a Canadian forum.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old October 7, 2009, 08:04 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
spam for sure.

FYI OP - Aquacomputer's availability in Canada isn't very good because their pricing sucks, turnaround times are abysmal, and there's just no real demand because performance is a great big "meh" compared to what we already have here.

That's why you don't see any discussion about it in a Canadian forum.
So Linus what you are saying is it seems that Aquacomputer really sucks compared to what is already out there?
Fold for team #54196
Old October 7, 2009, 08:10 PM

No. They are very competitive in Europe.

They have a unique aesthetic (which is far more important over there than it is over here), adequate performance (ESPECIALLY with Euro-style water cooling loops featuring low flow, high pressure, small ID tubing), cutting edge compatibility with early releases of blocks for almost everything.

But their pricing structure and delivery schedules, along with the complete disinterest in their products of the average N.American water cooling enthusiast means they are not going to break into this market without some serious changes.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Old October 7, 2009, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Linus,

You need pop up here more often .
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old October 7, 2009, 08:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Not spam as far as I can tell. He's a new member from across the pond.

I had a discussion with the gentleman earlier in the day WRT a misunderstanding about the purpose of the "other locations" area of the sponsored deals (not related to WC at all), and the 25 post requirement to open a buy/sell thread. It might not be available much here in NA, but I for one don't mind hearing about what kind of kit is available overseas, and we do have a certain percentage of our readers who don't hail from NA.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 7, 2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Linus,

You need pop up here more often .
I'm just tired tbh...

I used to be all over any post about water cooling giving full lists of hardware, explaining the concepts behind how it all works, but what I discovered is that most people don't care anyway.... And frankly why should they?

These days if you're buying a reasonably high end block, reliable pump, and throwing enough heat dissipation at the problem (big rad OR lots of airflow OR both if you're feeling crazy) your temps will be within margin of error from the next guy who does the obligatory 30 hours of homework.

It's also all just kinda the same crap, different pile these days. Here's how I buy components now:

1. Does it look good?
2. Are there any glaring issues (such as abysmal performance, shoddy manufacturing)?
3. Is it in stock somewhere in the world that will ship it to me?
4. Does it fit 3/8" ID 5/8" OD compression fittings?
5. Does it fit my stuff?

If the answers are yes, no, yes, yes, and probably, then I'll buy it.

Old October 7, 2009, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Seriously Linus, you should visit more often, they are lots more people (even the older members) who appreciate your knowledge and like you hanging around with us.. You know NCIX and HWC have something in common, ncix is the best place in Canada to buy PC Parts, just anything computers to say the least.. and HWC is the best forum in Canada to get help for troubleshooting, read good stuff, or just hang out..

I really agree with you.. it's the same thing when buying PC parts, the newest hardware doesn't always mean the best out there, it could be, but there are lots of cheaper stuff that when overclocked/utilized properly can be as good as the most expensive for like half the cost..

@topic.. this really isn't spam spam, he just likes a product from a company that he is talking about, I just think it's in the wrong section, especially when he mentions software.. with water cooling, no match.. certainly he's talking about legit stuff.. not just talking crap and spamming..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 7, 2009, 08:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

umm what happened to all the other post that we in this thread? seems to be a lot of editing happening lately
Old October 7, 2009, 08:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
umm what happened to all the other post that we in this thread? seems to be a lot of editing happening lately
I removed the three posts suggesting that this was spam when I posted my experience with the OP, and why I didn't think it fell into the spam catagory.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP

Tags
aquacomputer , hardware , water cooling