F@H

My System Specs

looks very restrictive for flow.
Old October 9, 2009, 01:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
looks very restrictive for flow.
I see what you mean given the h2o pc's I have seen on this site! Looks like a lot of guys use 5/8" or (>) whereby I am using 3/8". The 58 is very big IMO and also IMO unecessary. I feel that the water should not flow too quick because then there is not enough time in the radiator to cool off! OR?
Old October 9, 2009, 05:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Call me paranoid, but this is only thread here that has search tags applied and rated. Typical SEO optimization tactics.

I hope I'm wrong and guy will stick here First European, eh? Welcome to the forum.
I just noticed this post... I used SEO optimization, why not! Don't you guys want other people to read the boards?
I searched many different forums before I applied here. I am a long-time pc-builder and as long as you guys keep me stimulated I will be around!
Old October 9, 2009, 06:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I'll be interested to see this "system" of his to be honest.

Stuff like that is completely unnecessary. It targets the hobbyist who doesn't care about performance (no improvement on that side of things) or aesthetics (cluttering up a build with a bunch of random wires never makes it look better).

I don't think you'll find many of those here.
I think their components look good, and for all the wires that they add, it wouldn't add that much for wire management challenges.

I'm using a boreas 12 right now that is controlled by software- I think that as long as the default is MAX power for fans, pumps, etc, in the event of a software failure (like it is with the boreas), it's nothing to worry about- but that is key.
Old October 9, 2009, 09:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0defreak View Post
I see what you mean given the h2o pc's I have seen on this site! Looks like a lot of guys use 5/8" or (>) whereby I am using 3/8". The 58 is very big IMO and also IMO unecessary. I feel that the water should not flow too quick because then there is not enough time in the radiator to cool off! OR?
The idea that water can flow too fast only comes into play with much higher flow-rates than usually seen in computer cooling systems. Below 1GPM, temperatures start increasing dramitcally. Temperatures get a significant drop until about 1.5GPM to 2.0GPM depending on the waterblock, and then continue to get lower even up to 4GPM. Though, to get a speed of 4GPM one would likely have to use a pump with a significant heat dump, but 1.5 - 2 can be gotten fairly easily using standard pumps and components.

Here is the graph showing this:

(Taken from http://vapor.skineelabs.com/)

Tags
aquacomputer , hardware , water cooling