Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
umm what happened to all the other post that we in this thread? seems to be a lot of editing happening lately
post monster migrated from NCIX forums?

edit: ninja. sswilson is the post monster!!!

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old October 7, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Come back M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 7, 2009, 09:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

I hear ya, Linis... Well if WC is still your hobby, it has to be fun. Seems you get yourself overworked, so rephrasing guy from Matrix movie: "It seems you need to get unplugged man, lets hit some R&R..."
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old October 8, 2009, 02:20 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Seriously Linus, you should visit more often, they are lots
@topic.. this really isn't spam spam, he just likes a product from a company that he is talking about, I just think it's in the wrong section, especially when he mentions software.. with water cooling, no match.. certainly he's talking about legit stuff.. not just talking crap and spamming..
OK, so the section is Water Cooling! Why do you think software would not be relevant!? The software provides replacement for lots of external hardware equipment. E.g. dials, digital temperatures, LED water-flow display, etc etc
Furthermore, if the software drives your setup I think its perfectly relevant!

Moreover, aquacomputer members were some of the first to really push overclocking and water-cooling! I guess in 2002 they had the fastest CPU overclock in the world. I don't feel like proving this, I heard it from some of the guys at ModMyMachine whom I spent some time with in Berlin

Now, some questions to the other GURU's out there. I don't have much experience outside of Aquacomputer because "I did my homework" and decided this company was for me! And guy, if you have to wait for your parts in America and the price is not good - well, I think those points are only relative! I always say quality does not come with a pricetag (within reason of course!)

So the questions:
  1. are there any other setups out there in which the pump conects to your mobo via USB?
  2. are there any other companies out there which have software to control your hardware?
  3. does anyone have reservoir meter? I thought this was one of the coolest parts that I was able to pickup from Aqua! Its a small plastic stick with sensors. A hole is cut into the cap of the reservoir and the top of the meter is sent through USB! The meter is picked up in the AquaSuite and you can do some cool things; like: I setup when the water goes to some minimum level the computer will safely shutdown. This is great for someone like me who likes to leave the computer on when they are out!
And I totally agree with the people stating the parts are not important. If I had the money I would do temperature benchmarks to prove this point! I think design of the copper components is extremely important! Its not just throwing a slab of copper on a component and pushing water through the copper!

Cheers.
Old October 8, 2009, 03:53 AM
Top Prospect

Look into Coolit, some of their systems are USB controlled and monitored. They are also based within Canada and have a good following of Canadians.

Aquacomputers could not push into Canada in general without offering some good deals to suppliers here, and they would most likely suffer a loss compared to manufacturers closer, who offer products at around the same, if not better performance.

And I have never heard of a properly tested and verified loop running out of fluid, or getting dangerously low without being noticed. We do have temp sensors now in most IC's that will shut down the system in case of serious cooling failure
Old October 8, 2009, 04:33 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall86 View Post
And I have never heard of a properly tested and verified loop running out of fluid, or getting dangerously low without being noticed. We do have temp sensors now in most IC's that will shut down the system in case of serious cooling failure
Well, your right about the system most likely not running out of fluid, however, you never know!

Regarding temperature shutdown.. there are temp sensors on the GPU's and CPU. Why do you need IC temp sensors? And why would you shutdown reaching a certain temp? With my software I simply raise the RPM's when the temperature reaches a certain level!

@Admin, is it OK to post pictures of my system in this thread or should I post pictures in the default thread PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER\Gallery\Post your WaterCooled PC pics here thread (I would also like to post some screenshots of the software mentioned!)
Old October 8, 2009, 05:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd like to see some pics of this setup. I'm pretty sure you should post in watercooled rig. Welcome to the forum!

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old October 8, 2009, 06:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I removed the three posts suggesting that this was spam when I posted my experience with the OP, and why I didn't think it fell into the spam catagory.
I didn't think it was spam that's why i said it's a rep what's wrong with that. but quotes like this are ok what the hell man not cool in anyway omg

"spam for sure."

FYI OP - Aquacomputer's availability in Canada isn't very good because their pricing sucks, turnaround times are abysmal, and there's just no real demand because performance is a great big "meh" compared to what we already have here.

That's why you don't see any discussion about it in a Canadian forum.
Old October 8, 2009, 06:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That water meter sensor could also tell if you had a serious leak!

And Aquacomputer isn't a great waterblock company necessarily but they make great acessories. German engineering too....
Old October 8, 2009, 09:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
That water meter sensor could also tell if you had a serious leak!

And Aquacomputer isn't a great waterblock company necessarily but they make great acessories. German engineering too....
The sparks and magic blue smoke can also warn you about a leak! And we know the Germans make good stuff.

I don't really like having software to control my fan speed. I got into watercooling to have the ultimate performance, so I can easily just set my fan speed higher with a fan controller when I am under load. Also, what happen if you decide to run Linux or Mac OSX on your PC? The screenshots all appear to be under XP, so its quite likely they don't work with anything besides Windows. The water level sensor also seems a little useless to me. If you are going out for a few hours, the level wont drop significantly enough to really matter. And if you are leaving for an extended period of time, you could easily top off the reservoir (and if you have any pets/plants, someone is likely feeding/watering them and they could simply turn off the computer if it goes alarmingly low). And personally, I don't like the look of any of the Aquacomputer waterblocks, so there is no way I'd spend a fair amount and have to wait a while unless the performance difference was extremely large, which it isn't.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. People who want an extremely quiet system will definitely benefit from some of these tools, but as a Canadian who doesn't mind some fan noise (thanks to awesome headphones) I find them all useless.

Tags
aquacomputer , hardware , water cooling