Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1, 2009, 10:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default would it bew worth water cooling my new nvid card?

Thanks to a couple of people here on the boards and Ipfan4ever who actually did this for me ( thanks allot :) )I was able to RMA a second hand video card that I bought ,which was a bfg 260 maxcore they, meaning BFG , are sending me a GTX 285 as the replacement for the old card, again thanks to all that where involved in this and especially IPfan4ever that really didn't have to do this but did and I cannot say thank you enough so thank you .
My card it is in Richmond as of this morning which means it will arrive either today or tomorrow , I am wondering if it that it would be worth water cooling this card . since my cpu is already water cooled . I am not sure what else I would need like which water block and if I would need another Rad any suggestions are welcomed.

on a side note I bought a EVGA 680i as a replacement motherboard for my old motherboard that fried and am wondering if there any issues with this board or any suggestions to cool this board even more. I most likely won't be OC this system but if I do it will only be a little.
Old October 1, 2009, 02:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

LPfan4ever. Cough. Anyways, no problem whatsoever with that. Surprising that they sent a 285 for 260 RMA.
But if you're not overclocking or looking for extreme silence, I would say regular cooling would do it.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 1, 2009, 04:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oopS sorry about misspelling your name now it makes sense .
I actually want cool quiet but I guess that I should just wait and see what kind of noise and temperatures it has before I jump the gun. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old October 1, 2009, 07:07 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Probably not worth it. The GTX285 should be pretty quiet during normal operation.
Old October 1, 2009, 07:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

With the ATI releasing the 5xxx cards and NV looming on the horizon, I would wait and buy a FC block when ppl start to make the move to next Gen. Often someone will sell the FC blocks separate and reapply the stock HS.
I wouldn't buy new right now that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton