Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Off topic watercolling: Any webdesign gurus here? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/23644-off-topic-watercolling-any-webdesign-gurus-here.html)

Dazmode September 27, 2009 08:49 AM

Off topic watercolling: Any webdesign gurus here?

Folks,

Not exactly belong to this section, but I'd like to post it right here.

Any fellow watercoolers that do website design for living? I'd like to get something better then I have right now for Dazmode (slapped it together in a couple evenings).

I'm open for different arrangements: money or stuff from the store in exchange for help. I need front page and couple supplementary pages for reviews.

Babrbarossa September 27, 2009 08:53 AM

Just my 2 cents- I really like your website. Sort of sophisticated in its minimalism :-) I was just wondering to myself today how much work it it would have been for you to produce/maintain.

Dazmode September 27, 2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babrbarossa (Post 261954)
Just my 2 cents- I really like your website. Sort of sophisticated in its minimalism :-) I was just wondering to myself today how much work it it would have been for you to produce/maintain.

Maintain part is easy, as you only change small things. Initial design is something that takes time to think about.

Thanks for positive feedback although... Perhaps I over thinking it...

Lpfan4ever September 27, 2009 09:26 AM

Yeah, I like your website Dazmode. The only thing that's annoying is not having a login on the main page, but other than that I like the look and it meshes together nicely.

Dazmode September 27, 2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpfan4ever (Post 261966)
The only thing that's annoying is not having a login on the main page...

I didn't even think about it... Thanks!

Babrbarossa September 27, 2009 10:50 AM

One thing that might help is making the "shopping cart/check out" link more visible- I got a little vexed trying to find it- but I might have been just having a seniors' moment.

Wall86 September 27, 2009 11:36 AM

Only issue I have ever had with dazmode.com, is how the page is only on the left side, would be nice to have it centered for those of us with widecreen LCD's.

Dazmode September 27, 2009 12:45 PM

Thank guys, feedback is great thing!

The only reason I did centered to right, that I usually have couple applications running simultaneously and its easy to overlap one with other if one window is already moved maximum to right, so you can position other window on the left.

WolfBane September 27, 2009 01:08 PM

I also like the page looks very nice to me but i agree need to make the shopping cart/check out" link more visible :)
But it seems to be a very smooth and nice layout to me :)

enaberif September 27, 2009 03:06 PM

Its not that the website is "bad"

It just looks put together by someone with VERY little experience.

I also assume your using some sort of shopping cart for the backend?

Things you could do is recenter the entire website.
Then use a dark pattern or something behind that to differentiate between the white and blue..
Upper header is fine but remove the black border around it and put the text in the right table at the bottom.

Etc etc.