Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

I have the same Gigabyte board with full chipset block (3 of them), Supreme and two 285s blocks on single Feser360 in push pull. Cards effect was lesser then I thought, so I'm sure you will be OK.

If not too late I would recommend Scythe Flexes as fans.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old September 22, 2009, 05:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
I have the same Gigabyte board with full chipset block (3 of them), Supreme and two 285s blocks on single Feser360 in push pull. Cards effect was lesser then I thought, so I'm sure you will be OK.

If not too late I would recommend Scythe Flexes as fans.
I've already got 10 Zalman ZM-F3's as I got them for $6.40 a piece and I needed 10. They were also found to be pretty good midrange radiator fans as well, whichever guy on XS who does the massive fan roundups. The Yate loons are part of the bundle I got, so I figure I may as well use those too.
As for full chipset, I'll have to pass. Bit on the expensive side and I think the only thing that really needs to get water cooled is the NB, and even that is really not "needed".
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old September 22, 2009, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Those Zalmans are pretty descent fans.. Cpt_Vortex got them first around here (I believe) and he was quite pleased with them, I got those Zalmans after him, and I'm happy.. at full speed, they barely sound for me (ps. I've been through panaflo 115cfm ones lol).. Though I found Yates really work well on radiators. I've seen few people on different forums use Gelids on Rads, and they are quite happy with them..

And I totally agree with your thinking.. descent air flow and maybe a little extra air flow is what's needed to cool RAM, NB or SB.. no need for it..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution