Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2009, 05:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just for reference there is no difference in the temps when mounting it "right" have had it both ways for my i7 and temps were the same
Old September 5, 2009, 07:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
just for reference there is no difference in the temps when mounting it "right" have had it both ways for my i7 and temps were the same

I agree with this. I've done the same thing with my GTZ, correcting it after I noticed it while making some loop changes. Exact same temps both before, and after.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 5, 2009, 07:56 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I agree with this. I've done the same thing with my GTZ, correcting it after I noticed it while making some loop changes. Exact same temps both before, and after.
Thanks for the heads up guys, now I don't have to worry about remounting the GTZ to see if I get different temps. I will just report my temps with HK3 running Prime95 on 8 threads for 10 or 12 hours (depends on when I get home). It's running right now as I'm at work.
Xfx R9 290 Flashed to 290X (x2) Sapphire Tri-X 290X Eyefinity 6048x1200| Dell 2709W (x3)
OCZ Vertex 3/Corsair Force GT Raid 0 480Gb - Windows 8.1 PRO (windows 7 mockup)
Corsair GT 120Gb SSD Cache for Seagate 2Tb - File backup
Corsair Obsidian 800D | Seasonic X-1250
HeatKiller 3.0 | EK R9 290x WB (x3) | TFC Exchanger Quad Rad | (x4) Scythe Gentle Typhoon |Swiftech MCP655 | EK drive bay Res.
Old September 5, 2009, 04:58 PM
Rookie

@ontariotl, you're able to overclock with a very low vcore, hence low temps. Either you have a magic chip or you have a real knack for tweaking your BIOS settings. Could you please share ALL your AI Overclock BIOS settings with us?
Old September 5, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodanco View Post
@ontariotl, you're able to overclock with a very low vcore, hence low temps. Either you have a magic chip or you have a real knack for tweaking your BIOS settings. Could you please share ALL your AI Overclock BIOS settings with us?
eh? Its a D0, those volts seem reasonable for a 4 to 4.2ghz overclock. I'm running 4.0 plus turbo at 1.2275v. Most D0's seem to have no issues hitting 3.8+ with <1.3v
Quote:
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 5, 2009, 07:26 PM
Rookie

Eh what? I have a D0 here on a P6T Deluxe V2. Nothing magic about D0. At 4.0 GHz I need 1.32V in order to remain rock solid stable for more than just a few hours under maximum load. I use OCCT's cpu:linpack mode to test full load stability. I haven't found any other test that stresses the system more than that one does. Perhaps you guys don't test your overclocks under maximum load for more than a few hours? Is that your secret? You don't run 24/7 overclocked? On the other hand, I may have a real dud of a D0!

I would really, really, really like to know ALL your settings for achieving rock solid stability at those overclocks, particularly if changing some other setting will allow me to lower my vcore. I want to reach 4.2 GHz at low vcore too. Please tell me your secret!

Last edited by astrodanco; September 5, 2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old September 5, 2009, 08:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Eh what? I have a D0 here on a P6T Deluxe V2. Nothing magic about D0. At 4.0 GHz I need 1.32V in order to remain rock solid stable for more than just a few hours under maximum load. I use OCCT's cpu:linpack mode to test full load stability. I haven't found any other test that stresses the system more than that one does. Perhaps you guys don't test your overclocks under maximum load for more than a few hours? Is that your secret? You don't run 24/7 overclocked? On the other hand, I may have a real dud of a D0!

I would really, really, really like to know ALL your settings for achieving rock solid stability at those overclocks, particularly if changing some other setting will allow me to lower my vcore. I want to reach 4.2 GHz at low vcore too. Please tell me your secret!
Sorry, I'm not against what you're asking, I just dont understand how you think there is a magic bios setting you're missing that will let you lower your cpu .05v. Your chip isnt the benchmark of all D0's, not all chips need >1.3v. Nor are ours the benchmark of <1.3v. However, as I said, alot of D0's on the net are getting those <1.3v numbers. Thus my 'eh'.

The logic you're applying to his chip being a 'magic' rare one could absolutely be applied to the fact your chip needs more volts then his, or mine. Not all chips are equal. Maybe you did get a bit worse of a D0. *shrug* Luck of the draw, isnt it?
Quote:
Old September 5, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Do you have the latest bios on your board? That helped me get to 4 ghz stable.
Old September 5, 2009, 09:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Do you have the latest bios on your board? That helped me get to 4 ghz stable.
Yes and I am at 4 GHz stable, just with a higher vcore than people who say it can be done with a low vcore are using. Higher vcore results is higher core temperatures. I'd very much like to be able to run at 4 GHz with low vcore too and am wondering if there is some other setting that I am overlooking that helps to achieve that.
Old September 5, 2009, 09:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Probably your chip. What batch#?