Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2009, 07:46 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Default All in one CPU water cooling

Hey all, a few questions to the owners of some of those "all in one" closed loop cpu watercoolers:

1 - Coolit Domino Owners: can the control module on the side be moved anywhere or switched sides on the unit?

2 - Other than the Domino, what would be the next best performing kit that has a low profile cpu waterblock (not like 1U/2U low profile, but short if it has an integrated pump)

thanks for the help guys/gals.
Old August 1, 2009, 10:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think the Corsair H50 is the only other contender, and I'm not sure if that will meet your height concerns.
Old August 1, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know Asetek has some products simliar in nature, not sure if thats what you're looking for.

NCIX.com - Buy Asetek LCLC PRE-FILLED Liquid Cooling System CPU Block Pump 240MM Radiator No Mounting Hardware - 35-101-1012200 In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy Asetek LCLC PRE-FILLED Liquid Cooling System CPU Block Pump 120MM Radiator No Mounting Hardware - 35-101-1012103 In Canada.

Edit...now that I compared the two, looks like Asetek and Corsair where working together on this one, near identical to the 120mm version.

EE
Old August 1, 2009, 11:10 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Actually it looks like asetek is Making the corsair... but still, either seem an interesting alternative. Does anyone have either the Asetek LCLC or the Corsair 50? IF so, could you pleasue measure the height of the pump/block combo? thanks.
Old August 1, 2009, 09:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Actually it looks like asetek is Making the corsair... but still, either seem an interesting alternative. Does anyone have either the Asetek LCLC or the Corsair 50? IF so, could you pleasue measure the height of the pump/block combo? thanks.
Corsair claims to have worked with Asetek to design a better head than Asetek's own unit. So in theory, the Corsair should be better.

Martin Metal has one: Corsair Hydro H50 CPU cooler
Old August 1, 2009, 09:10 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Try to find a Swiftech H2O-120.
Old August 1, 2009, 09:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep I have one what you want me to do with? there are the mesure
H : 11CM
L: 13CM
D: 5 to 7.5 depending on the fan config ( 7.5 with push pull )
These are not really precise mesure I take them in like 5 second but I have to unmount it this week to place it on my new ATCS 840 so I will be abble to mesure it again with better tape and also try it with AC5 thermal paste.

Ask if anything more is needed about the cooler.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 3, 2009, 10:06 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Yep I have one what you want me to do with? there are the mesure
H : 11CM
L: 13CM
D: 5 to 7.5 depending on the fan config ( 7.5 with push pull )
These are not really precise mesure I take them in like 5 second but I have to unmount it this week to place it on my new ATCS 840 so I will be abble to mesure it again with better tape and also try it with AC5 thermal paste.

Ask if anything more is needed about the cooler.
So you mean its 110mm tall from the cpu? Owch.... That would be impossible to fit in The Dark. The case Im building into is a Silverstone Sugo-03, which has about 80mm or so of clearance from the cpu to the back of the PSU. Might have to go for the Domino, unless I can find the Switech kit... but I cant seem to find it anywhere? Hmmm....
Old August 3, 2009, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no no no the pump is lie 5 CM tall from CPU, these mesure are only the rad and the reservoir. Has I tell I'm waiting my ATCS 840 wich should arrive on today or tomorrow to be abble to take a better mesure of everything.

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 3, 2009, 10:34 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
no no no the pump is lie 5 CM tall from CPU, these mesure are only the rad and the reservoir. Has I tell I'm waiting my ATCS 840 wich should arrive on today or tomorrow to be abble to take a better mesure of everything.

Ask for more.
Ahhhhh, 5cm = 50mm = well within my height requirement for that case. Do you think the tubing that exits/enters from the block/pump combo will kink if only given 3cm to turn 90 degrees? I believe one of the sides of the block was "opened" to allow the tubing to bend more easily. Could you check though martin metal? thanks.