Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

OK...after extensive testing I'm gonnna give another sneak peak.

- The H50 is better than the LCLC. I tested both with the same corsair stock fan and the H50 always was better.

- The fan that comes with it is not a great fan for what Corsair wants it to do. It works good in an open bench but once you sandwhich it between the case and the rad....things go to pot PDQ.

- In its default config it raises internal case temps...a LOT as it pumps ALL the rad exhaust into your case...AND takes up the back exhaust fan port for the rad.

IMHO +1 to 3.0Charlie's recomemdation. Get a Swiftech H20 kit. Less hassle, more flexability. Less BS. IF you want an all in one kit, buy Canadian and get the CoolIT Domino...and both of those recomendation are in the conclusion of my review ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 3, 2009, 11:29 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
OK...after extensive testing I'm gonnna give another sneak peak.

- The H50 is better than the LCLC. I tested both with the same corsair stock fan and the H50 always was better.

- The fan that comes with it is not a great fan for what Corsair wants it to do. It works good in an open bench but once you sandwhich it between the case and the rad....things go to pot PDQ.

- In its default config it raises internal case temps...a LOT as it pumps ALL the rad exhaust into your case...AND takes up the back exhaust fan port for the rad.

IMHO +1 to 3.0Charlie's recomemdation. Get a Swiftech H20 kit. Less hassle, more flexability. Less BS. IF you want an all in one kit, buy Canadian and get the CoolIT Domino...and both of those recomendation are in the conclusion of my review ;)

Teehee, sneak peaks just for little ol' me. Still though, I have ask a few Qs AkG. 1- how does the internal case temp rise a lot if you're pushing exhaust air out of the case throught the rad? Unless you fan was backwards... Perhaps I'm just confused. 2- I understand that the H50 is the better unit. However, they don't have a 2x 120mm rad version, the LCLC does. And in the case Im using (Sugo-03) 2x 120mm is all I have (both will be exhausting forwards though ). 3- Domino won't fit in the case (I don't think) due to the control panel mounted on the side... which would be upside-down anyways, lol. And I've already checked: the control panel cant be removed because the pump is mounted on the back of the control panel.

... Unfortunately this leads me to think that lclc 240mm rad vesion may still be the best choice, even if the block is worse than the corsair version, because I'll have twice the rad for up to 4x fans in push/pull... Am I wrong?
Old August 3, 2009, 11:34 AM

In its default config Corsair has the "exhaust" fan sucking fresh air IN from outside the case, blowing over the rad and then on INTO your case. I'm serious when I say I had to REread those instructions a few times as it is the most mind boggling "WTF moment" I have had in a looooong while.

I'd take ANY dual rad config over a single rad any day. Twice the cooling vs. a slightly better waterblock.... No contest!! Get the LCLC dual rad version AND the backplate for it as it comes with pushpin mounts (I tested both units using the backplate method as I loathe pushpin setups).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 3, 2009, 11:37 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
In its default config Corsair has the "exhaust" fan sucking fresh air IN from outside the case, blowing over the rad and then on INTO your case. I'm serious when I say I had to REread those instructions a few times as it is the most mind boggling "WTF moment" I have had in a looooong while.

I'd take ANY dual rad config over a single rad any day. Twice the cooling vs. a slightly better waterblock.... No contest!! Get the LCLC dual rad version AND the backplate for it as it comes with pushpin mounts (I tested both units using the backplate method as I loathe pushpin setups).
Pushpins = not a problem! Its an AMD build . Thanks tho AkG! Good to know that the rule of thumb still works after all my years away from WCing - "Rad, Rad, the More Rad... then everything else"
Old August 3, 2009, 11:43 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Bleh... I hate posting back, but since I have your attention AkG:

Does the corsair/lclc running full-out all the time? In the pictures I've seen of them they seem to only have a molex for power and an rpm sensor (for pump speed?). How loud is it/they?
Old August 3, 2009, 11:44 AM

Ah I thought you were finally coming over to the Dark Side :)~

While I occasionally drop a hint here and there on reviews I'm working on this time is different as I'd hate to see a fellow HWC'er buy a kit that is so minimally exceptional because I held back info that will soon be out for all to see in my review.

Old August 3, 2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Bleh... I hate posting back, but since I have your attention AkG:

Does the corsair/lclc running full-out all the time? In the pictures I've seen of them they seem to only have a molex for power and an rpm sensor (for pump speed?). How loud is it/they?
The pump I have no idea as I plugged it 3 pin connector into a molex adapter to make sure it was going flat out all the time. But I doubt if it varries its speed unless you set it in BIOS to vary the voltage sent to it. Which IMHO is a Bad Idea.

The fan is a PWM capable fan....BUT I modd'ed a molex adapter to fit it and ran it flat out all the time as well. No sense posting anything less than its "best" just because the mobo was having a hissey fit ;)

Old August 3, 2009, 06:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think I just lose my place over the H50 in this thread:P it's nice to see you AKG and have some int on the cooler, even if I own there is thing that I can't know like VS other cooler or most of the thing that you say:) I really hope to see the review soon. IMO, I suggest not to try to throttle the pump, slow and add speed to that kind of pump can damage it because the water make it hard to gain speed. ( according to probability ). And for the noise if I can had my sand, the sound is about the same for every pump I have seen before, some swiftech the H50 itself Coolit and some other so this is not a real problem (only little louder then High end pump ) IMO but I have no DB testing bench.

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 3, 2009, 08:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well guess I won't suggest the H50 to my brother just yet then...

Now hurry up and release that review
Old August 27, 2009, 09:34 PM
Top Prospect

Default freezone

theres another style its made by freezone coolit i think they are called
decent little chillers iver mounted them inside a few cases