Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17, 2009, 11:04 PM
Top Prospect

Default Has anyone ever tried routing their pc's heat?

Like so:

Re: [FAH] Shutting down ... - dslreports.com

I got the idea from my portable AC:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...d/DSCF2873.jpg

Notice how the heat from the AC is sent out through the giant tube. My window has a plate with a hole for it install. What if I hooked up all my back120mm fans to large tubing like that (I'd need a second plate)? That would have the heat transferred outside rather than my room. But the huge fan on top of my Antec 1200 case would need be problematic, but that's beside the point.

Anyone done this?
Old July 17, 2009, 11:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Not that it's a bad idea, but why TRIPLE POST IN 3 FORUMS???
Old July 17, 2009, 11:25 PM
MVP

Yeh no kidding
Old July 17, 2009, 11:28 PM
Top Prospect

for more people respond

Most forums I go to don't have the same guys (you know there's no girls) in each board. Does everyone here frequent every board available?
Old July 17, 2009, 11:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You know..post spamming is only going to get you negative attention

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old July 18, 2009, 12:28 AM
Top Prospect

What's up with this site? Normally, most specific boards (like AMD, Intel, Nvida, PS3, 360, Wii, pc etc.) HATE each other. Does HWC go to every board? Normally, the thousand or so users on one board is a different set of people than those of another one (like a Poll of the Day board is to a pc board). Usually different boards are almost like different countries in regards to the people who frequent them. I don't see why someone would go to a Water Cooling board AND an Air Cooling board, If you WC, you're not Air Cooling and Vice Versa...Please tell me the "trends" on this site, I thought they were universal regardless of location...I feel confused now...
Old July 18, 2009, 12:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

HWC has members who are apart of other communities, and it really does people when they see the same exact post/thread in on multiple websites as if they didn't have the patience to see what one community may have to say on the matter
Old July 18, 2009, 12:44 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
HWC has members who are apart of other communities, and it really does people when they see the same exact post/thread in on multiple websites as if they didn't have the patience to see what one community may have to say on the matter
please tell me you mean boards on the same site? It's a smart tactic to ask from multiple sites, that's what most people do. No has the right to tell you otherwise. You have no guarantee that some random internet user's advice is legit. If multiple sources confirm it, you know it's right. Often times ppl's advice conflict, plus many forums are slow, some are more experienced than others, etc.

Edit: Can you delete threads? Man, I think people forgive trolls better than this
I'm glad this site doesn't have all the Wannabe 4Chan people here...that's Hell.
Old July 18, 2009, 12:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
What's up with this site? Normally, most specific boards (like AMD, Intel, Nvida, PS3, 360, Wii, pc etc.) HATE each other. Does HWC go to every board? Normally, the thousand or so users on one board is a different set of people than those of another one (like a Poll of the Day board is to a pc board). Usually different boards are almost like different countries in regards to the people who frequent them. I don't see why someone would go to a Water Cooling board AND an Air Cooling board, If you WC, you're not Air Cooling and Vice Versa...Please tell me the "trends" on this site, I thought they were universal regardless of location...I feel confused now...
We are much more mature than to be a bunch of fanboys. Different boards on HWC are shared as a whole, not specialized and isolated. Even so, it doesn't justify posting 3 exact same threads on 3 different boards.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old July 18, 2009, 01:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

EDIT: Is to spamming, Didnt realise you posted 3 times in the SAME message boards, thought it was on different sites, that my friend is spamming. When you have the possibility of going into a section on the message boards and seeing the same post more then once, as you would if you scrolled down to cooling... then its spam.

As for the topic, I have yet to see or hear of what your proposing being done, but personally Id look at it the other way around, connecting the cool air from outside to the intakes of your PC, youd have to filter the air of course... Then vent the exaust air down through a hole in your basement and heat your basement with your PC ;) Exausting your air to the outdoors is going to provide pretty minimal tempeture drops if any where as if you can pull air from a shadier side of your home then the air should be cooler then the ambient temps inside the room.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.

Last edited by Realityshift; July 18, 2009 at 01:16 AM.