Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2009, 05:34 PM
MVP
F@H

I love the evil laugh, although I'll stick to my "completely unusable" theory... you're kids will go deaf.

WORK KANG: Silverstone SG03 | EVGA x58 Micro w/ 920 @ 4.2Ghz | Sapphire 5970 | 12GB Dominator DDR3-2000 | 240GB Revodrive X2 | SilverStone ST650F
MINI KANG: BitFenix Prodigy | Asus P8Z77i Deluxe mITX w/ 2600K @ 4.5Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB Vengeance DDR3-1866 | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | Corsair AX650
KANGZILLA: Custom MM Ascension | SR-2 | 2x X5650 | 2x SilverStone ST1000F | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | 15x 120mm rads | Under construction...

Old August 2, 2009, 07:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You know there's some fans in the computer cabinet of an Laser cutting machine at my work that are 24 volts and they look like 92mm x 38mm, don't know the speed but they push a lot of air but they don't compare to these things, were your ears ringing after you made the video and no fan grills on these meat grinders HEHE fun times.
Old August 3, 2009, 10:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
Now you can control your cooling ONLY by changing room temperature!
Yepp exactly. Well been kinda doing that anyway. My water temps are always within 3 degrees from ambient. Love these fans though. Lot's of fun and performance too! Cannot wait for that dang controller to get here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Heh, I wonder if one helium balloon tied on to the assembly would make the difference? or maybe switching out for a lighter radiator like an MCR or a Stealth?
A helium balloon would have done it for sure. When B@llzor attempted his flight with 24v Deltas he used a 560GTX which is much bigger and he did not have flight as well. His setup was heavier then mine and I still could not get it but I will say it was damn close. It wanted to lift and then come down and then try to lift again. Awesome fans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
You're one sick MF... :p.. sorry just joking..

Insane, man.. very nice... :D
Actually you were right the first time and the second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
sounds like the thing is about to life off and go power a plane of some sort
It was about to take off. Would have taken very little more to get it going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Kang View Post
I love the evil laugh, although I'll stick to my "completely unusable" theory... you're kids will go deaf.
Wait till my next video to show your unusable theory be put to rest (then again I am half deaf). These are great fans and yepp they are fun on full power but they can be used at lower settings as well using a PWM controller which I am waiting for still. One fan I grew to love is the San Ace fan. They are the GTX's best friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDogZero View Post
You know there's some fans in the computer cabinet of an Laser cutting machine at my work that are 24 volts and they look like 92mm x 38mm, don't know the speed but they push a lot of air but they don't compare to these things, were your ears ringing after you made the video and no fan grills on these meat grinders HEHE fun times.
You WILL lose a finger if it got caught in this fan. No question there. The torque is retarded. When I had the rad lying down in the first wire melting test before video capture and the whole thing turned around on the table just from the torque it puts out. It will easily with that power and speed take any body part off you stick in there.
 Q9650 @ 4.05 Ghz (9x450) / 4 GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix @ 1800 Mhz / 3870X2 / Ultra X3 1000/Maximus Extreme X38 / Thermaltake Xaser VI custom watercooled with black powdercoat. Click above for pic!
San Ace Awesomeness!
San Ace Awesomeness Part II!