Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Anybody tried Danger Den pumps? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/19939-anybody-tried-danger-den-pumps.html)

Dazmode July 11, 2009 12:04 PM

Anybody tried Danger Den pumps?

I wonder if anybody used DD non-Laing type of pumps? Are they worth looking at?

Specifically this one:
Danger*Den*::*Pumps*::*DC...

Apollo4g July 11, 2009 12:18 PM

Yup i have one Daz, they are great little pumps that pack a bit of a punch.

I would rate them just below a 350.

They are a good cheap alternative for a budget WC loop.

Ncix has them btw:

NCIX.com - Buy Danger Den DDCPX-PRO 12V Water Cooling Pump with Mounting Hardware 1/2IN Chrome Barb Fittings - DD-CPX-PRO In Canada.

gingerbee July 11, 2009 12:28 PM

i have never owned one but i have never heard bad things about them

phil3_66666 July 11, 2009 01:35 PM

i owned one last year, good pump and silent for chipset loop or cpu only loop, also Zoob have one for sale for 25$ in her FS thread:thumb:

MpG July 11, 2009 02:03 PM

@Apollo: Daz is linking to the little brother, the CPX-1 (aka D-Tek DB-1), whereas you linked to it's bigger brother, the CPX-Pro. The CPX-1 is fine for single blocks, but it starts to fade once you start pushing through multiple blocks. Great for chipset cooling though, and because it only pull 6W, running it off a fanheader is a non-issue. The CPX-Pro is actually stronger than a MCP350 (even topped), although it's not quite up to the standards of a MCP655 or topped MCP355.

Some people (myself included) have reported the CPX-1 making some motor noise for the first few days, even after bleeding is done, but once it's gone, it's gone for good.

SugarJ July 11, 2009 02:09 PM

I run a CPX-Pro, see my sig. Great little pump, and doesn't look like it was pulled from the bottom of an aquarium (I'm looking at you, Mr. 355 and Mr. 655).

Apollo4g July 11, 2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MpG (Post 221810)
@Apollo: Daz is linking to the little brother, the CPX-1 (aka D-Tek DB-1), whereas you linked to it's bigger brother, the CPX-Pro. The CPX-1 is fine for single blocks, but it starts to fade once you start pushing through multiple blocks. Great for chipset cooling though, and because it only pull 6W, running it off a fanheader is a non-issue. The CPX-Pro is actually stronger than a MCP350 (even topped), although it's not quite up to the standards of a MCP655 or topped MCP355.

Some people (myself included) have reported the CPX-1 making some motor noise for the first few days, even after bleeding is done, but once it's gone, it's gone for good.

oops my bad :doh:

Dazmode July 11, 2009 09:11 PM

Interesting. Thank you guys. I'm looking for alternative for overpriced Laing pumps and it seems those are possible replacement.

sswilson July 11, 2009 09:30 PM

I've been running one of the pros as well. Seems like a great little pump, flowrate is certainly up there. I did have issues with getting it primed (both times I started a new loop with it, it took a lot of work to get it to stop surging) but once it was primed it's as quiet as any other pump I've used, seems to work well, and as a bonus came with both 1/2" and 3/8" chrome barbs.

MpG July 11, 2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazmode (Post 221977)
Interesting. Thank you guys. I'm looking for alternative for overpriced Laing pumps and it seems those are possible replacement.

Honestly, they're grossly underrated by a lot of people. They're cheaper than the Laings, more compact, just as quiet, and come already threaded with G1/4 barbs, and are more than capable for all but the hottest of systems.

They just haven't really caught on with the watercooling community as well as they should have, unfortunately. Whenever someone puts out a "what stuff should I buy?" thread, they're always bombarded with DDC-3.x and D5 recommendations, so it's kind of become ingrained in watercooling community by this point. Their in-stock situation at many watercooling stores is often poor too, I've noticed.