Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 14, 2009, 06:55 PM
Top Prospect

Darn, can't use it with my Rampage :( That sucks,

Maybe when I go I7 then.....
Old July 14, 2009, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm not sure if any 775 backing plates don't press on the center of the motherboard underneath. Someone at Asus should have been shot repeatedly for that design flaw. You might have to resign yourself to cutting a square out of the bottom of the backing plate.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just got my EK GTX-280FC and Ramback, as well as the base for my Couplex DI plated at Acadian Metal Finnishers in Edmonton last week for $30, and it turned out perfect. The use electroless plating and only needed a thousandth of an inch and looks perfect ;)

As far as the heatkiller 3 performance goes, check skinneelabs soon. He should have his i7 block review up soon. He put ALLOT of work into this round-up, and should define exactly what blocks do what. I don't want to say too much, but he told me that the Heatkiller is leading by a decent margin.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
As far as the heatkiller 3 performance goes, check skinneelabs soon. He should have his i7 block review up soon. He put ALLOT of work into this round-up, and should define exactly what blocks do what. I don't want to say too much, but he told me that the Heatkiller is leading by a decent margin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
That would agree with the link zlojack posted then. This is the new kid on the block, and he is pritty friggin' good.

Zlo: I think you're right. The easiest way would just to get everyone to mail you their HK, and get em done in bulk.

Call and check the cost and let us know? I really dont want a green block inside my case
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 14, 2009, 07:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
That would agree with the link zlojack posted then. This is the new kid on the block, and he is pritty friggin' good.

Zlo: I think you're right. The easiest way would just to get everyone to mail you their HK, and get em done in bulk.

Call and check the cost and let us know? I really dont want a green block inside my case

Knowing RRR's agenda and penchon for fluffing certain brands I wouldn't use his website for anything more than comedy and swearword research. When Skinnee releases his findings, you can take it too the bank like Martins' findings from the liquid lab. Now, this statement is not meant to start arguments, just my personal feelings, and Skinnee is a solid guy with a real drive to move watercooling forward.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Knowing RRR's agenda and penchon for fluffing certain brands I wouldn't use his website for anything more than comedy and swearword research. When Skinnee releases his findings, you can take it too the bank like Martins' findings from the liquid lab. Now, this statement is not meant to start arguments, just my personal feelings, and Skinnee is a solid guy with a real drive to move watercooling forward.
Uhm, HESmelaugh posts his tests on multiple websites.

Waterblocks on i7 - Part 5 - XtremeSystems Forums

RRR might be a bit rough around the edges, but when it comes to this kind of stuff, it doesn't matter what you might think about him personally.

Maybe next time actually read the test results instead of the website name.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, HESmelaug seems pretty solid, from what I can tell. Aside from that nutty Euro-love for wussy waterpumps and flowrates.

Quote:
Just for the record, the Cu block already has a protective coating everywhere except the base. So get the coating if you want the shiny nickel, but don't do it out of fear that the standard block is going to corrode in half a year.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

You don't have to worry about it turning green.

I'd just do this for the looks more than anything else and figured I'd offer the service to anyone else who might be interested.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:47 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Before you trash a website because you dont like the owner you might want to check it out. A lot of the best wc minds from XS are over there now. I may not be a fan of RRR but alot less fluff there than what is posted at XS these days. I still frequent XS but there isnt much info spread there these days.
Old July 14, 2009, 07:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

All the i7 block tests,(the majority of them) lead to the same conclusion anyway, that this is the best block!

So no need to argue haha!