Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2010, 03:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Just ordered a foot from the above Ebay link for the build i'm currently working on. Came to 12 dollars shipped so I can't complain. I wish PT Nuke was actually available in Canada somewhere though...
Old November 3, 2010, 01:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywork View Post
Just ordered a foot from the above Ebay link for the build i'm currently working on. Came to 12 dollars shipped so I can't complain. I wish PT Nuke was actually available in Canada somewhere though...
PT Nuke is carried by sidewinders who took over for petra's
Old November 3, 2010, 08:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

I found that PT yellowed my clear tube, so I don't use it anymore.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old November 3, 2010, 12:54 PM
Top Prospect

PT Nuke is simply copper sulfate. You can usually buy some in a pharmacy or store where they sell fish stuff.

Me, I use 2 or 3 drops of Lugol solution per liter of distilled water instead with great result. Every pharmacy on the planet can sell you a 100ml bottle of Lugol for under 10$.
Old November 3, 2010, 08:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I read that on OCN as well Daz. I'm actually quite happy I went with the silver though. It should add a little extra bling to my reservoir!

Also, do you guys put your silver within tubing or just shove it in your res?
Old November 3, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Last

WARNING: IODINE IN LUGOL'S SOLUTION

After MMS (acidified sodium chlorite) I regard Lugol's solution as the most effective broad-spectrum microbicide, and being specific for Candida and other fungi. I am not aware of a medical drug with equal effectiveness. Therefore health authorities in most or all developed countries are presently trying to make it unavailable for natural therapists and self-healing under the pretext that it might be used to produce illegal drugs. It is now difficult to obtain and I have become aware of deceptive methods being used by chemists or pharmacists (probably under instruction from health authorities).

In New Zealand, for instance, a product is being sold as 4% Lugol's solution with 250 mcg of total iodine per drop (from iodine and potassium iodine). People used this product for Candida treatment without realizing that the iodine content is only 4% of what it should be for Candida treatment. Therefore, instead of 8 drops per dose of regular Lugol's solution one would need to take 8 ml per dose of this product. Not realizing this, those who try this low-potency product will conclude that Lugol's solution does not work and (as hoped for by health authorities) may return to medical drugs.

I suspect that similar tactics are also being used in other countries, especially in the EU. In Germany Lugolís solution has been sold with a concentration of 0.7% total iodine, again without individuals realizing that this requires 15 times more drops than regular Lugolís iodine. If you cannot obtain enough Lugolís solution to last for 3 weeks then try to use a full dose for at least 5 days.

In the US regular Lugol's solution with 10% total iodine (from 10% potassium iodide and 5% iodine in water) is now outlawed. The highest total amount of iodine allowed is 2.2%. In the US you are still able to buy Iodoral tablets with have the same iodine content as 2 drops of Lugol's solution, or 13 mg per standard tablet, but even 50 mg tablets are available.

Therefore, when buying Lugol's solution, always compare the stated iodine values on the bottle with standard or regular Lugol's solution. This has a total iodine concentration of 10% from 10g of potassium iodide and 5g of elemental iodine per 100 ml, and nominal 6.5 mg of iodine per drop.
NOTE SAYS ITS SALT
Old November 4, 2010, 09:43 AM
Top Prospect

So?

I have 3 independant loops in my computer, and 2 are running since over 2 years already. Water is always crystal clear. I flush my system every 8-12 months and there is never any residue or anything.

No corrosion, no stains, no oxydation.
Old November 5, 2010, 05:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I just received my silver wire from the ebay link above. Shipping was a little slow but no problems overall. I made a spring out of it by wrapping it around a screwdriver and put it in my microres. In combination with the antimicrobial tubing I think I am good to go now. I have about 2 - 3 inches left if anybody wants it (I can throw it in an envelope for free).
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770 (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Intel X25-M 160GB, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED
Old February 11, 2011, 12:59 PM
Top Prospect

Friendly bump to this thread, and thanks to Lpfan.

The Ebay outlet to get these was eBay My World - shannon3305 who has the website / store Twisted Jewels: Free shipping on top quality jewelry supplies!