Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Corsair Hydro H50 CPU cooler (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/18985-corsair-hydro-h50-cpu-cooler.html)

FtGF June 16, 2009 06:59 PM

Corsair Hydro H50 CPU cooler

Well just got an email from NCIX that they are in stock and just bought one out of curiosity. Hopefully it's here for the weekend so I can do some testing. Lets see if it can do what Corsair has been saying and if it beats out the high-end air coolers. :clap:

JD June 16, 2009 07:18 PM

Never heard of it until now...

And after Googling it, seems to be the Asetek unit, or extremely similar. I'd imagine they are the OEM for sure.

FtGF June 16, 2009 07:32 PM

It is based off there design but there has been changes made to it. Surprised you haven't heard of it since its been posted everywhere even on HWC! They had it at computex with a i7 965 running at 4ghz with a temp of 65degrees 100% load. The thing is they weren't using very high voltage(1.3v or something) so I'm curious to see what it can really do. It's only $90 so not a big deal!

JD June 16, 2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FtGF (Post 210081)
Surprised you haven't heard of it since its been posted everywhere even on HWC!

Not on the forums... I don't really read many things on the front page.

FtGF June 16, 2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrom17 (Post 210137)
Not on the forums... I don't really read many things on the front page.

Guess I'm just a tech news junkie! :biggrin:

AkG June 17, 2009 08:06 AM

Well I may or may not have a review in the que on this WC kit. "Something" (actually a couple somethings) just showed up from Corsair....and while I have 5 or 6 or 7'ish review items ahead of it do first.....you never know HWC may just have a review for you guys in a lil' while :)

SugarJ June 17, 2009 08:49 AM

Totally OT, but AkG how do you get an orange nametag while FiXT gets stuck with pink?

Soultribunal June 17, 2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarJ (Post 210273)
Totally OT, but AkG how do you get an orange nametag while FiXT gets stuck with pink?

Its not Pink, its Salmon...Grrr Strong Fish!!!!

I requested Purple but Gav never did get back to me on that one lol!

On topic for a sec,
I am anxious to see what this all in one unit can do.
I have always been a fan of sealed systems for less hassles.

Regards,
ST

FtGF June 17, 2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 210248)
Well I may or may not have a review in the que on this WC kit. "Something" (actually a couple somethings) just showed up from Corsair....and while I have 5 or 6 or 7'ish review items ahead of it do first.....you never know HWC may just have a review for you guys in a lil' while :)

Nice looking forward to it! :thumb:

Just shipped so hopefully it's here Friday!

Supergrover June 17, 2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarJ (Post 210273)

Because he pushed for the Mods to get that color, Gav in his infinite wisdom decided blue for us and a fitting color for FiXT, since he seamed to like it, Pink.

I for one have yet to be impressed with a all-in-one units.