Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Ya I'm really curious to see how this thing stacks up :D
Old June 23, 2009, 02:51 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Well on the unofficial HWC front...I for can say my first impression was...Meh.
Darn thing is supposed to be setup to use your rear 120mm EXHAUST port as a frickin' intake. Lets ignore the fact that 99 out of 100 cases have a certain air flow pattern to them which this will mess with. The big issue w/ the H50 is all that heat from the CPU is going to STAY inside the case! What was Corsair thinking?!
I've yet to test it and this is just the first impression...but it looks like Corsair hobbled this unit...BADLY. Time and testing will tell the full story...so stay tuned for the full review. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 23, 2009, 03:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It looks as though they are getting their feet wet a little at a time. I hate their new RAM block...It's aluminum! Guess they have not read up on watercooling yet. Once they do, perhaps we shall see some decent products from them. But their water cooling segment kinda blows at the moment.
 Q9650 @ 4.05 Ghz (9x450) / 4 GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix @ 1800 Mhz / 3870X2 / Ultra X3 1000/Maximus Extreme X38 / Thermaltake Xaser VI custom watercooled with black powdercoat. Click above for pic!
San Ace Awesomeness!
San Ace Awesomeness Part II!
Old June 23, 2009, 05:34 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry been busy with work! I'll post some numbers hopefully in the next few days. So far though its looking like it is pretty much on par with a TRUE (push-pull, sflex 1600rpm) set up. Which is disappointing. Also I'd like to note that I did get lower temps by going against Corsairs instructions and exhausting the air outside the case. I think it's a good start and if there is a new version some day than maybe that will be something to look forward to.

Old June 23, 2009, 07:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

There room on that thing to Do Push Pull?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 23, 2009, 11:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yes there would be on most MB and that was my initial thought but with the classified the NB heatsink gets in the way. I even considered mounting a fan on the outside but the top expansion slot also gets in the way. Might try some different fans to see what it does. Guess it depends on your gear.

I wanted to get a WC loop setup but the long spring has killed my earnings for my summer job so far.

P.S. Thanks to the mod who fixed the thread title

Last edited by FtGF; June 24, 2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old June 24, 2009, 06:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is that cooler like some coolit product a factory sealed watercooler or that just the heatsink and the rad that we have to add pump and tank on it? I realy want to spend some money on a new cooler reusing my Vendetta for a new rig so Id concider this one if it can do bettet:)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 24, 2009, 09:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Is that cooler like some coolit product a factory sealed watercooler or that just the heatsink and the rad that we have to add pump and tank on it? I realy want to spend some money on a new cooler reusing my Vendetta for a new rig so Id concider this one if it can do bettet:)
It's a pre-sealed, ready-to-go setup. The pump is built into the CPU block on this Corsair unit.

Judging by the comments in this thread, an OCZ Vendetta II would probably perform on-par while costing less. Might want to consider the Coolit Domino since it's about the same price and I think it performs a bit better than air. Apparently slapping on a higher static pressure fan on the Domino drops temperatures quite a bit, though it could be the same case with this Corsair unit.
Old June 24, 2009, 10:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
Yes there would be on most MB and that was my initial thought but with the classified the NB heatsink gets in the way. I even considered mounting a fan on the outside but the top expansion slot also gets in the way. Might try some different fans to see what it does. Guess it depends on your gear.

I wanted to get a WC loop setup but the long spring has killed my earnings for my summer job so far.

P.S. Thanks to the mod who fixed the thread title

How about, You mount the one fan On the Far side pulling, and then throw an Antec Spot Cool on the inside pushing air at it? That would be a good comprimise in my eyes.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 25, 2009, 01:10 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Wanted to post these before work but couldn't get into the forums. Some pictures of the setup and a shot of my desktop with some temps. i7 920 at 4ghz 1.375v with vdroop. Just for full disclosure I have no A/C in my house and it was extremely hot yesterday so the ambient temps which I'm unfortunately not sure off would be higher than most. Overall disappointing but I'm going to try some different fans and see what happens. Push-Pull would have been great but it's a no go.

A shot showing why I can't do a push-pull setup. The expansion slot gets in the way of the rad if I mount one of the fans on the outside but I can't mount it on the inside because the NB heatsink is in the way!

Last edited by FtGF; June 25, 2009 at 01:58 AM.