Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2009, 08:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Yeah but they still leak some fluid and gets air into the loop. Not as ideal as I hoped for.

I want to get a new reservoir (XSPC Dual Bay Res for DDC) but Jabtech's shipping is ridiculous. I'm hoping Performance-PCs or Sidewinder gets it in as well. It'll solve my pump/res issues as well since it's made exactly how I want. So when that time rolls around, I'll clean everything. Until then, f*ck it
How much do they leak? I was considering them for my next loop but if they dont work well for pulling a rad there isnt much point.

Would you buy them knowing what you do now?
Old June 15, 2009, 11:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
How much do they leak? I was considering them for my next loop but if they dont work well for pulling a rad there isnt much point.

Would you buy them knowing what you do now?
Maybe around 1mL? Not a lot that's for sure and Koolance does mention it on their site. However when doing so air gets throw in too which is my main issue.

I guess if you were really super ninja quick with it, then you might overcome these problems, though I find they get kind of stuck in (from the pressure I'm assuming) so I can't see to get them off in one quick pull. Takes some wiggling to get them off. I also don't want to bash my hand into the components when it breaks free.

For the $50 or so I paid for the pair, I'm not sure I'd do it again. However since I don't have a dedicated drain , it doubles as one (if you remove the tubing off it or shove a blunt object up it) so I guess that makes up for some of it.
Old June 16, 2009, 12:09 PM
Rookie

holy crud
Old June 20, 2009, 01:44 AM
Rookie

Filters are helpful if you clan them frequently