Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2009, 02:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
I can confirm then, that Swiftech and Feser are both cloud tubes.

Feser recommends 8 flashes with hot water and advise against vinegar.
Ahh, I always flush my rads with nearly boiling water. This is probably why I don't have the clouding issues some people seem to be having. And I thought I was just being paranoid.
Old June 20, 2009, 05:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Okay.....Dang I hate posting bad news.....Tests were a failure. The tubing fogged in all solutions and stayed and fogged worse with the filter as well. I thought the filter was clearing it up but I think it was my eyes playing tricks on me as it is clearly not helping at all. A Tygon engineer has stated that we should not be using the 3603 tubing because it absorbs water....Great isn't it? Tube that was recommended...Tygon 2075 as it will not absorb water or any other harsh chemicals and will retain it's clarity longer. So the tests are done.....Don't buy the 3603 and get the 2075 instead if you want clear tubes. I guess it is not as flexible and the reason why people used the 3603 was because of its flexibility.

I wonder if the inside of the tubes can be coated with a clay or wax to prevent it from soaking into the tube causing the fogging. Might make a great fluid additive or something to prevent fogging tubes.
 Q9650 @ 4.05 Ghz (9x450) / 4 GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix @ 1800 Mhz / 3870X2 / Ultra X3 1000/Maximus Extreme X38 / Thermaltake Xaser VI custom watercooled with black powdercoat. Click above for pic!
San Ace Awesomeness!
San Ace Awesomeness Part II!
Old June 20, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i have been running a simple test with tubing i got from the hardware store and no clouding i started about 2 weeks ago and nothing how long you say it took before clouding?
and i guess i am not the only one sugarj has no cloud and we both rinse are gear before using ( p.s took pics but there only for proof cause the camera sucks blackberry bold will upload if relative to your testing doubtful though) oh forgot straight distilled water
Old June 20, 2009, 07:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

I think I'm bored with clear tube, so I will use colored tubing or solid colors like white or silver. Just re-painted my haf after removing drive cage time assemble system back!
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old June 20, 2009, 11:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
i have been running a simple test with tubing i got from the hardware store and no clouding i started about 2 weeks ago and nothing how long you say it took before clouding?
and i guess i am not the only one sugarj has no cloud and we both rinse are gear before using ( p.s took pics but there only for proof cause the camera sucks blackberry bold will upload if relative to your testing doubtful though) oh forgot straight distilled water
Was the tubing really stiff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmode View Post
I think I'm bored with clear tube, so I will use colored tubing or solid colors like white or silver. Just re-painted my haf after removing drive cage time assemble system back!
Yeah I am still waiting for mine as well. Got some nice Primochill Pro LRT black going in this time. Will not even notice clouding this time around. I should have realized it was just the tubing because my res was always clear and my blocks always clean. Just the damn 3603 tubing. Guess I will have to change my title in Xtremesystems to 'Primochill Warrior' now!
 Q9650 @ 4.05 Ghz (9x450) / 4 GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix @ 1800 Mhz / 3870X2 / Ultra X3 1000/Maximus Extreme X38 / Thermaltake Xaser VI custom watercooled with black powdercoat. Click above for pic!
San Ace Awesomeness!
Old June 20, 2009, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
Regular vinyl tubing shouldn't have clouding issues, although the kind of the stuff you get at a hardware store is also balls when it comes to flexibility and kinking. It's the plasticizer in the Tygon 3603 that makes it very flexible, but also causes the clouding.
Old June 20, 2009, 12:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

MpG is pretty much on the money as usual. Smart fellow! Now I will have this flag like an idiot!

***EDIT*** Just in case it was taken the wrong way I actually meant it. Your a smart fellow! Seen your answers on here and at XS. I just like waving the flag like an idiot...
San Ace Awesomeness!

Last edited by Sadasius; June 20, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old June 20, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no it's not stiff at all very flexible and not a spot of clouding
Old June 20, 2009, 12:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hmmm that sounds very interesting. Mind you it takes a couple weeks usually for the Tygon so it still may cloud and just needs more time. What i think I am going to do is talk to the engineers from Primochill and Tygon and cross their answers basically to see some commonalities.
San Ace Awesomeness!
Old June 20, 2009, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

good to hear will keep it going to see what it does

Tags
clouding , tubing