Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2009, 01:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Idon't believe it wrong stinger cpu water block

A few months back when I decided to take the plunge into water cooling I decided to buy the stinger water block and I did .well today I finally took aprt my pc and spent a while laping my cpu bolted the rad on wired up the fans ( all four of them. and was just about to check the hose lengths for cutting I grab my stinger water block and sat it down ontop of the cpu and realised that the bolt patterns are way off ( ok I am not sure how to make this picture smaller sorry about that.
Now I am pretty much stuck with this nice brand new water block that I cannot use because I lost the reciept .so I am going to have to put my pc back to gether on air and buy some other water block.
Old June 7, 2009, 01:13 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like it's the AMD backplate. Contact the guy who does the Stingers - it looks brand new. It's easy to simply replace the backplate for the LGA775, or exchange the whole block.
Old June 7, 2009, 01:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

Seems like AMD hold plate... I'm not handy man, but perhaps some place can cut you a required piece of plexi to fit your LGA755 board? Or just get Supreme LT...and sell this one.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old June 7, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

seen that from a mile away it's amd sorry dude that sucks but all is not lost like the guys said just change the hold down plate and be on your way.
Old June 7, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am not sure where to get the materials to make or change it
Old June 7, 2009, 09:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

+1 for what Charlie said, see if you can find the right hold down hardware.
Old June 8, 2009, 05:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

from where i am sitting it might be easier to make it that hold down is just that only a hold down. what i am saying is it would be easy to make one get right thickness of plexi cut and drill screw down and done. just an option
Old June 8, 2009, 12:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

the only problem is finding something that I can use the modding part I can easily figure out because I I would need to do is pull the acrylic mount off it then put it on top of what ever I use then just marks off the drill holes but living in this building I live in which is a 50 + building there isn't any real material around here I can use .

side note I am not 50 ( in a couple of years yes) the reason why I am living here is I am taking care of my parents off and on.
Old June 8, 2009, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

that ball is in your court there mate good luck
Old June 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

I don't know your financial situation, but I'd just get proper block and call it the day.
HTPC Build: Final Video