Tubing, tubing... what color to choose?
Finally got my hands on plenty of UV tubing... but the problem is which color to pick.
To my shame, I was blissfully unaware that Black, Silver and White tubes are actually glow Blue. :doh:
I never was for Red, but it looks so-o good as well as Acid Green.... From other hand for Gigabyte extreme mobo, Blue can good too.
Couple pictures below. UV colors look more milky then they are (couldn't get proper picture in spite all my attempts).
White/UV Blue would match the best with the board IMO.
Black/UV Blue could work too I guess. Not a big fan of green/red though.
Yeah I voted white, looks so clean and awesome. Not sure how flexy it is though, I have a couple feet of Feser 3/8 - 1/2 and it's sort of stiff and unyielding, but I assume you have that bit under control:thumb:
As for routing, I decided l go with 45 degree and straight compression fittings for few reasons:
1) The cost is no more then barbs (Swiftech polished barb - $7 vs. Feser compression straight - $6);
2) I'm sure they will last forever, so this is one time cost;
3) Less bending of tubing: no kink, less tube, cleaner look;
4) Worm clamps look ugly;
5) Chipset/MOSFET/CPU blocks are too close for 180 degree turns anyway;
6) This is my hobby, so I want it nice looking not for a "check mark".:biggrin:
i really don't care about color but i guess white
Match your board. My board has black/green so I went with painting my case black and green tubing.
Thank to all who took care to provide feedback. I was inclined to white already...
Remember: pics at the end or we lynch you:bleh:
I'd go with white too for your system.
I just bought some red feser tubing from your store and it really is a very rich red, quite impressed-will look nice in a white MM horizon.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:53 AM.|