Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   GPU Round Up Discussion Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/1813-gpu-round-up-discussion-thread.html)

Misoprostol July 4, 2007 12:15 PM

GPU Round Up Discussion Thread

Here's where to post your comments on our GPU Block round up which will be up shortly.

lowfat July 4, 2007 03:41 PM

waiting for review :)

Too bad i just ordered one yesterday :(

JayDee July 4, 2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 13504)
waiting for review :)

Me too :)
My payment processed today so I should have mine tomorrow or Friday if the pack/ship order is as fast as my past experience has been with NCIX.

Sooo all I can say is...
Go D-TEK Customs Fuzion GFX !!! :clap:
Crush all contenders which are only pretenders!!! :p

lowfat July 4, 2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayDee (Post 13505)
Me too :)
My payment processed today so I should have mine tomorrow or Friday if the pack/ship order is as fast as my past experience has been with NCIX.

Sooo all I can say is...
Go D-TEK Customs Fuzion GFX !!! :clap:
Crush all contenders which are only pretenders!!! :p

I've heard it is pretty restrictive, I just bought it because i already have all the ramsinks i needed an the MCW60 without the sinks wasn't in stock lol.

sswilson July 4, 2007 06:43 PM

Heh......

I was trying to figure out what the barb in the middle of the DD block was for, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how it would install on a vid card....... :)

Did you get a chance to check out the D-Tek uni-sink? It's not the prettiest thing I've ever seen, but it looks like it'd be effective.

Misoprostol July 4, 2007 10:56 PM

honestly I really like the idea behind the Uni-sink. Swiftech seemed to be headed in that directly with their MCW-RAMcool idea, but that never took off because of the clumsy implementation of it, and the fact that you needed 2 adapters, and the RAMcool thing itself to do a single video card.

The review's up by the way.

JayDee July 4, 2007 11:30 PM

Well done :thumb:

I'm glad to see the D-Tek block I just ordered is a performer! :biggrin:
I hope that the D-Tek flow rate issue you raised isn't a killer *phear*

I would've liked to see a stock cooler added in for baseline comparison and some Overclock vs. Stock clock comparison/numbers.

Misoprostol July 5, 2007 10:30 AM

Honestly, with the recent information that's come to light lately from guys like Cathar, I don't think flow rate is as much of an issue as it's been made out to be in the past.

Even using 1/4" tubing does not seem to yield more than a 1C difference in load temps according to some info he posted on XS, which seems to be down.

As far as stock cooler results go, yeah, I probably should have included those. I kinda forgot that some people use stock coolers. Unfortunately, the video card has been returned at this point, so for me to redo the results would mean I'd need a different video card, so I'd have to redo all blocks. I think at this point I might just wait 'til my next GPU block review to integrated overclocking and stock cooler results :)

Thanks for the feedback though.

cdn_Madrach July 5, 2007 12:40 PM

Yet another great review:thumb: :thumb:

Patriote July 8, 2007 03:51 AM

Nice review there. All thought some pics of the set-ups (With different blocks) would have been nice!

And where is the EK 8800GTX block in there!

I have 2 MCW60s, 1 DD-8800GTX block and 1 Ek-8800GTX block coming down this week...lol

Now, i know that the MCW60 with the G80 mounting hardware would give better temps but the card is pretty much hot ATM. And i doubt that with only a MCW60 and some ramsinks would make the card really cooler. I'd have to hook a fan in some way. Thats why im opting for a full-cover waterblock.