Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8, 2007, 01:47 PM
Misoprostol

Honestly at the end of the day, I ended up with the Danger Den block in my system.

The other two blocks give better temps, but I really like being able to use the slot next to my graphics card, and the tubing routing is so easy with the SLI-ready fittings.

As for the EK block. It arrived too late to be included in the round up. Maybe next generation I will get one earlier and can include it in an 8900 GPU block round up. :(

I could probably get one now and test it against just the Danger Den, but I'm working on a couple other things atm.
Old July 8, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoprostol View Post
Honestly at the end of the day, I ended up with the Danger Den block in my system.

The other two blocks give better temps, but I really like being able to use the slot next to my graphics card, and the tubing routing is so easy with the SLI-ready fittings.

As for the EK block. It arrived too late to be included in the round up. Maybe next generation I will get one earlier and can include it in an 8900 GPU block round up. :(

I could probably get one now and test it against just the Danger Den, but I'm working on a couple other things atm.
Sounds good! Looking forward for those other things
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old July 9, 2007, 11:24 PM

My System Specs

Installed my Fuzion GFX today, and i am very impressed. 39C idle, and 41C load :)
Old July 10, 2007, 10:15 AM
Misoprostol

That seems to be pretty in line with my results. :)
Glad you like it.
Old July 10, 2007, 02:28 PM

My System Specs

I forgot how much water helps :) I haven't W/C'ed a GPU since a 9700 Pro.
Old July 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
JayDee

Hey Misoprostol (or anyone else that has used the D-Tek GPU block) I was wondering if you used the thermal pad that comes with the D-Tek? I normally just ignore thermal pads but it seems as if it could actually be useful here as it will increase the surface area contact between the block and GPU. I looked on the D-Tek site but the site is pretty basic.

For those who don't have the D-Tek see the pic of the thermal pad and block. The pad fits around the blocks copper contact area and should create more contact with the GPU.
Attached Images

Old July 17, 2007, 05:40 PM
Misoprostol

oops

Even ninjas make errors from time to time. I did forget to use that thing. Honestly I wouldn't expect it to make a huge difference, but in this case, the FuZion already won, so it's not like D-TEK's gonna call me on the phone and say "Hey it lost because you didn't use the thermal pad" but D-TEK does recommend using that thing. It's kinda a neat little thing. It recently showed up on NCIX.com as a standalone product. Not in stock yet, but apparently coming in 2-3 weeks...
Old July 17, 2007, 06:01 PM
JayDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoprostol View Post
oops

Even ninjas make errors from time to time. I did forget to use that thing. Honestly I wouldn't expect it to make a huge difference, but in this case, the FuZion already won, so it's not like D-TEK's gonna call me on the phone and say "Hey it lost because you didn't use the thermal pad" but D-TEK does recommend using that thing. It's kinda a neat little thing. It recently showed up on NCIX.com as a standalone product. Not in stock yet, but apparently coming in 2-3 weeks...
Cool! Thanks Misoprostol.
Old July 17, 2007, 06:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My EK gives my 8800GTS idles of 38C and loads of 41C and this is with a 640/2040 OC. Im very happy with it.