Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19, 2009, 05:04 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Default Water cooling project has begun

I stripped my XFX gts250s last night and mounted the water cooling hardware. Using MCW60s and thermaltake ramsinks. Also stuck some mosfet sinks on there too. Took the ramsinks and stripped all the tape off them and used thermal adhesive to stick them on. Don't need them falling off... I took pics of the process and will post them when I finish. You should see how much tim was gunked on the poor little gpu. It was literally gooped all over the place under there. That must affect temps...
Tonight I am going to mount the rad in the top of my CM590. I need to drill a couple holes for the 19mm spacing on my rad, but other than that, it looks like a clean install. Might stick the dual bay res in there and mount the pump as well. My motherboard should arrive tomorrow and I plan on stripping it down as well to replace all the tim and I also plan on mounting a 60mm fan in place of the 40mm that goes on the NB (EVGA 780i).

When all men think alike, nobody thinks very much.
Walter Lippman

2600K @ 4.8GHz 1.44v
ASRock Extreme4
GTX 460 SLI