Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2009, 06:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Swiftech MCW60-R2 compatability

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=33...cture=Swiftech

Will this adapter workin on a gtx275? Website and NCIX doesnt say.

I finally got around to prepping my system for install today...and I totally forgot to check the hardware mounting on the MCW60-r2 to see if it fits a 275... WHOOPS!

So, stock cooling for a bit, until I find a mounting kit and/or buy a new block .

Unless someone can help a brother out?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 6, 2009, 09:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

All I can find is that GT200 plate is also good for GTX285, but one thing for sure you also need either full cover or individual heatsinks for memory and VRM. So, MCW60 is only part of full solution.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old May 6, 2009, 11:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, Ive got the heatsinks for the ram and VRM's. I'll just check the measurement on the 260 and 280's and see if the 275 is the same. I'm assuming it is, but I'm not going to make that assumption
Quote:
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 6, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Yeah, Ive got the heatsinks for the ram and VRM's. I'll just check the measurement on the 260 and 280's and see if the 275 is the same. I'm assuming it is, but I'm not going to make that assumption
Please let everybody know.
Old May 19, 2009, 03:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Confirmed. The GT200 adapter DOES FIT the reference GTX275 hole pattern. (My card is an EVGA for comparison.)

Based upon the EK websites GTX275 waterblocks, this adapter will NOT fit Palait/Gainward non-reference designs.

Thanks for your help with this issue Dazmode, and mailing me a cheap adapter to test it out!
Quote:
Old May 19, 2009, 04:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

Super! Good to know for future reference. MCW60 is truly universal solution, that can save money in a long run, although it is not as flashy as fullcover block.

Sagath is dazmode's customer # 1 ... lol literally!
Old May 31, 2009, 01:40 PM
Rookie
F@H

hey sagath, can you take some pict of your card?
I want to wc my gtx275, but im not sure what component i need heat sinks on
Old May 31, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

any component that the stock heat sink covered/cooled is what you will have to cool it's that simple. my 4870 had no ram cooling so it does not get any open face memory chips with just a fan to move air over them.
Old May 31, 2009, 02:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
hey sagath, can you take some pict of your card?
I want to wc my gtx275, but im not sure what component i need heat sinks on
Hrm. I can try. My cameras are packed right now for vacation tomorrow. Let me see if I can get a half decent pic with my iPhone...

Basically all the ram chips, the 6 VRM's on the right, and the nForce chip on the left.
Quote:
Old May 31, 2009, 04:29 PM
Rookie
F@H

do the swiftech ramsinks work on the VRM? they seem kinda small~ or do i need small VRM heatsinks (i think i saw some made by enzotech somewhere b4)

btw thx for the fast reply :D