Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Comment Thread for Noctua NC-U6 Chipset Cooler Review (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/1745-comment-thread-noctua-nc-u6-chipset-cooler-review.html)

Supergrover June 25, 2007 08:22 PM

Comment Thread for Noctua NC-U6 Chipset Cooler Review

Noctua NC-U6 Chipset Cooler review is posted.

Here is the Link to the original.

Please feel free to post your comments and questions in this thread.

Supergrover

Moneyless June 25, 2007 09:12 PM

Nice review. :thumb:

It basically looks like a Thermalright HR-05, without the Nickel plating.

Hmm. Wonder how it would stack up against the HR-05 / HR-05 SLI? I'd say probably pretty much the same, but I think the HR-05 SLI might be a bit bigger, because it's made to accomodate 70mm and 80mm fans.

Time to give Thermalright a call. lol

lowfat June 26, 2007 09:01 AM

I've had one of these since its release (November?). Its a pretty decent, but an HR-05 is still better.

3.0charlie June 26, 2007 09:22 AM

I've installed 3 HR-05-SLIs lately. I like the fact that being offset, it clears any video card very easily when rotated 90*. The only issue is the bending moment on the bracket - a single tye-wrap takes care of that. And yes, the HR-05-SLI can accomodate 60-to-80mm fans.

MAC June 26, 2007 12:00 PM

Good review!

I suspect people who's chipset is located dead-center on the motherboard would also encounter cleareance issues, particularly if they have a 'heatpipe tower' CPU cooler.

I know that with a DS3 & Ultra-120, I couldn't install a Thermalright HR-05.

I have a feeling the HR-05-SLI might work, but it would likely graze the top of my video card :doh:

Supergrover June 26, 2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 13068)
I've had one of these since its release (November?). Its a pretty decent, but an HR-05 is still better.

Yeah I think I might pick one up to see how much of a difference there would be, the TR has more surface area and accommodates a larger fan size so I assume it would get a bit better temps.
:whistle:

Babrbarossa June 27, 2007 06:08 AM

how widely compatible are these- I didn't see any mention of it in the review, but I might have missed it.

b1lk1 June 27, 2007 06:39 AM

I've had one for some time and love it. Can't say I've ever monitored the temps very much, but it sure beats the hell out of the passive northbridge cooler my mobo came with.

moditir June 27, 2007 07:38 AM

wow thats one heck of a cooler

lowfat June 27, 2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supergrover (Post 13101)
Yeah I think I might pick one up to see how much of a difference there would be, the TR has more surface area and accommodates a larger fan size so I assume it would get a bit better temps.
:whistle:

I'd go for it, but do not pay $30. I do believe through the ncix member sale it was like $16.