Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2009, 06:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Question WC failure

OK guys just oredered my Coolit Domino, I wonder to know if any of you have already had failure with Water cooling like broken tube or liquid loose in the case leading to short of the mobo or any other pieces. I know that coolit product are Factory sealed wich reduce to the max the case of leaking water ( well any liquid it is ). well...it could be interesting to short everyting my job could help me get brand new from RMA haha:)

Thx

Martin_metal_88
Old April 23, 2009, 07:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

got a p5k covered in fluid xp (not running during leak test hose clamp loose) washed it off. now my mother is using it in her computer so far so good we will see ha ha
Old April 23, 2009, 08:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Just so you know, if you have a leak and it kills all your components, that's usually not covered by any warranties. So don't purposely go have a 'leak' just to RMA everything.
Old April 24, 2009, 05:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Just so you know, if you have a leak and it kills all your components, that's usually not covered by any warranties. So don't purposely go have a 'leak' just to RMA everything.
what and what. sorry if i am way off topic here but what the h*ll are you talking about. we are talking about worst case scenario with a water cooling leak. and no kidding it's not covered hence the title
Old April 24, 2009, 07:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't worry I know that warranties but that's my job to send piece on to manufacture and trust me it's possible to pass anything if you know how;)
Old April 24, 2009, 08:05 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Don't worry I know that warranties but that's my job to send piece on to manufacture and trust me it's possible to pass anything if you know how;)
Can't imagine how much I dislike the mentality behind something like this. At any rate, the chances of a failure on CoolIT unit is fairly low, they are buttoned up very tightly.
Old April 24, 2009, 08:37 AM
Banned

It's because you have not try it with me ... In 28 years I see more than a clown who have try to make me paid their mistake.

Quote:
Old April 24, 2009, 09:23 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
what and what. sorry if i am way off topic here but what the h*ll are you talking about. we are talking about worst case scenario with a water cooling leak.
Fail. Again.

Edit: And why would you want to screw over a Canadian company...?

Old April 24, 2009, 12:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
what and what. sorry if i am way off topic here but what the h*ll are you talking about. we are talking about worst case scenario with a water cooling leak. and no kidding it's not covered hence the title
Because he said he could just RMA his whole PC if it leaks?
Quote:
There's some serious ethical issues surrounding that kind of attitude. There's a whole thread at XtremeSystems about ethics with RMA'ing hardware when it's clearly your fault that it died. Typically if you break something, you should cut your losses and accept that you made a mistake (be it a costly one or not) and it wasn't the manufacturer's fault.
Old April 24, 2009, 01:14 PM
Banned

That's what we call benn responsible, mature, adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
......... Typically if you break something, you should cut your losses and accept that you made a mistake .......