Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2009, 12:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Question Coolit Domino

I now concider to get water cooled on my CPU wich is Q9550 but the issue I had before with friend usnig water cooling is that you have to empty it time to time to clean every algae and other crap that stock in the tube. The fact are that I don't want to clean it all the time because I don't realy have the time to do. Do you know guys if the Domino need this attention. I know that he is factory sealed so it make me think about no.

Thx for reply fast

Martin_metal_88
Old April 23, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

I believe all of Coolit's systems are sealed, so I don't think they would require you to do any maintenance.

If your friend had algae to clean out of his system, he screwed up. A drop or two of biocide during setup would have made that a non-issue. Generally, you should probably drain and refill a water-cooling system every six months or so, although there are lots of people who go over a year and are fine.