Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default want to use an old PC case for a water cooling set up but am stuck

I came up with this idea ( then later discovered that my idea wasn't as original as I thought it would be lol )with an old case but I couldn't figure out how you
Quote:
-via aqua 1200LPM pump - connected to the PSU via a relay switch so the pump runs in sync with the system when you hit the on/off putton
so I stopped and moved on to something else. now that I see that it actually can be done ( after seeing this on the Buynsell part of the forums http://tiny.cc/Brebonecasewatercoolera ) wondering how it was done? I know that you can jump the psu using a jumper wire from the green to black but I am not sure how to hook it into my system . Do I just splice into the switch on my main computers Mother board?
Old April 23, 2009, 11:44 AM
Banned

P.S. It will avoid the waranty of your PSU

If I understand whell you want to use and old PC Case to host the WC and use the power supply of this old PC case to power the pump.

I have something like that I split the green wire from my main pc and plug a wire on it I do the same with the black at the side of the green ( the one betwen the green and the blue ) , I do the same with the power supply of the other case and plug the black with the black and the green with the green , so when I power the main PC I also power the old case

Thermaltake have a special connector for use with the extra power supply sold for the ITX , I'm not sure they will sold it separatly.

I can send you a pics if you want of my setup
Old April 23, 2009, 11:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

If you're wondering how to setup an AC pump to turn on when the computer turns on, this thread might be worth looking at.

Basically, you're allowing the PSU turn on normally, but using a bit of the power it makes to switch a relay, which then turns the AC pump on.
Old April 23, 2009, 11:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataxpert View Post
P.S. It will avoid the waranty of your PSU

If I understand whell you want to use and old PC Case to host the WC and use the power supply of this old PC case to power the pump.

I have something like that I split the green wire from my main pc and plug a wire on it I do the same with the black at the side of the green ( the one betwen the green and the blue ) , I do the same with the power supply of the other case and plug the black with the black and the green with the green , so when I power the main PC I also power the old case

Thermaltake have a special connector for use with the extra power supply sold for the ITX , I'm not sure they will sold it separatly.

I can send you a pics if you want of my setup
Actually I would like to see some pics of your setup
Old April 23, 2009, 12:19 PM
Banned

here a link to the pic

connector picture by dataxpert - Photobucket

actually I just install temporary the thermaltake adaptor to a scrap board. but my setup on my train layout server is the same, I just split the rire, the purple one is not use at all.