Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   WTB water cooling parts? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/16145-wtb-water-cooling-parts.html)

Liu Kang March 24, 2009 05:23 PM

WTB water cooling parts?

Hiya, new to the board and was looking for advice on where to shop for water cooling goodies.

I've given many a paycheque, and my left nut, to DirectCanada and NCIX -- but they don't seem to stock the parts I want.

Are there shops I'm unaware of that stock more/better parts? Has anyone had any luck (ie: cheap shipping, no duty) with the larger American distributors such as frozencpu.com, petrastechshop.com, performance-pcs.com, sidewindercomputers.com, etc.?

Any experiences and/or advice is welcome.

Cheers.

Supergrover March 24, 2009 05:32 PM

Sidewinder has the cheapest shipping of the four but sometimes doesn't carry the stock you want. For shipping choose USPS I have never paid brokerage fees when shipping USPS, but USP will.

Liu Kang March 24, 2009 07:42 PM

Thanks. I always try to use USPS, unfortunately, not all American suppliers will let you... I just bought a Mountain Mod case, and they'll only guarantee orders using FedEx of UPS -- no damage/loss/replacement coverage if you choose USPS. Wasn't worth the risk.

JD March 24, 2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supergrover (Post 169020)
Sidewinder has the cheapest shipping of the four but sometimes doesn't carry the stock you want. For shipping choose USPS I have never paid brokerage fees when shipping USPS, but USP will.

Unfortunately not anymore. Sidewinder doesn't offer First Class International due to an issue with one customer (no it wasn't me). Though if you email them you can do it via email but you have to agree that Sidewinder is in no way liable if the package goes missing or gets damaged.

I only use Sidewinder and Performance-PCs though. P-PCs has the most stock IMO and middle-of-the-road prices. FrozenCPU always seems overpriced. Petra's is alright too (ordered from them once) but they don't seem to ever have a ton of stock on hand.

Liu Kang March 24, 2009 08:01 PM

Thanks, speaking of stock... good luck finding and Thermochill or Feser rads. I need two 240s, and a single 120 -- nothing anywhere! </rant>

Jackquelegs March 24, 2009 09:01 PM

Check PerformancePC

lcdguy March 25, 2009 06:50 AM

if your interested i think i have old WC parts i would probably be willing to be rid of for cheap. According to my faulty memory i have the following.

Thermochill PA120.1 Rad
DangerDen X1900/XT FC water block
D-Tek Fuzion Ver 1 CPU block

Probably some random bits of 1/2 Tubing and some 1/2 barbs.

Liu Kang March 25, 2009 10:25 AM

Thanks for the offer, lcdguy. I'm pretty set on running the fesers in my new build, bitspower compression fittings all the way round and heatkiller blocks. :)

lcdguy March 25, 2009 10:45 AM

no prob. Just i would throw it out there incase your interested as they have been collecting dust for the past 6 months.

Liu Kang March 25, 2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcdguy (Post 169328)
no prob. Just i would throw it out there incase your interested as they have been collecting dust for the past 6 months.

Aren't those old parts meant to be thrown into an old case? Project Frankenstein if you will... now get to work :angry2: :bleh: