Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2009, 03:31 PM
Rookie

Default Interesting info about Coolit Domino A.L.C. !!!

Hello everyone, I just thought I would share with you some info about an interesting email that I got from Jon Stanley at Coolit Systems tech support. I have ordered a Domino A.L.C. from Extreme PC in Guelph (Extreme PC), and it has been taking a long time to get here. They said it was because they were waiting for "revision 2" hardware (SCARY!) so I emailed Coolit to find out what had changed. Here's what they told me:

• The original Domino A.L.C. had a weak barb where the tubing connects to the radiator.
  • The factory apparently did not properly follow the instructions that Coolit had given them on how to make the product.
  • Coolit has now fixed the issue and the factory is correctly making the product.
  • The new Domino now has stronger and thicker plastic in the barb, and a relief cast enclosing it.

That's the important stuff. Apparently they have tested this new version by throwing one off their roof and the barb held! Their CEO also headed off to China to make sure everything's going smoothly.

Interesting eh? So hopefully I get this new one and everything works out ok. To those of you who already have one you might want to check which revision it is and maybe email Coolit if you have the old one and you're concerned! And hopefully they wont have to make a revision 3!

EDIT: Summarized email; no longer verbatim (thanks SKYMTL!), and I still don't have my Domino yet!
Core i7 920 Batch #3841A347
6GB (3x2GB) OCZ DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
Corsair TX750W PS
2 x XFX 8600 GT XXX SLI [upgrading soon!]
2 x Seagate 250 GB
Vista x64 SP1 and XP 32bit SP3
NZXT. Apollo with Thermaltake iCage
Samsung 245BW

Last edited by fo0b4er; March 27, 2009 at 10:50 PM.