Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2009, 07:48 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think I've spent easily $500 in my CPU only loop...

Though I'm all for bling, got BP compression fittings mainly, some Koolance Quick Disconnects, all of which cost like $10-20 per fitting, so it adds up very, very fast.

If you don't mind buying used, I'm sure you could almost get a whole loop off the forum here. Lots of people have stuff lying around too that maybe they'd be willing to sell.
Old March 23, 2009, 02:39 PM
Top Prospect

Ah Ic, thanks everyone for your help and time :p, Im still thinking it over, but I've also learned that the max I could get out of my Phenom II X4 940 is probably 4GHZ prime stable.. I've already gotten it at 3.7GHZ, I don't know if its justified to go water cooling just to get 300mhz :P lol.. I think I might if i have money left over, and if I could get used parts instead..
Old March 24, 2009, 08:23 AM
MVP

Is this a good setup?:

• Pump:
    • Silent operation - Mag Drive Ceramic Bearing Operation
    • Lower power consumption - 6W
    • Small Size
    • Uses 3 Pin Motherboard Header
  • CPU Block: Optimum performance with just two (2) Barbs!

Features:The TDX block is designed to give top performance to every water cooling person out there. The TDX block allows customization to get every last drop of performace from the processor.
    Compatible with the 775 versions of the Intel processors.
    Includes:
    • Complete Block Assembled with Top and O-ring
    • 100% Copper 110!
    • #1 Accelerator Plate
    • 3/8" OD Fittings
    • Clear Acrylic top
    • Machined Lapped and polished beyond 1200 grit
    • Pressure tested before shipment to 85psi
  • Reservoir: Laser Cut Cast Acrylic Material
  • 3/8 " Thick Acrylic Side and Back Pieces
  • Water-tight seals and pressure-leak tested.
  • Fits in Two (2) 5-1/4 Drive Bay
  • Uses HIGH FLOW FITTINGS (See Picture)
  • (1) inlet and One (1) outlet fitting for higher reliability
  • (2) Pre-Drilled 5mm LED Holes (See Picture)
  • Easy to install/Refill
  • Center divider to eliminate air bubbles
  • Includes Mounting Screws
  • The Black Ice® GT Stealth 120 is the first true next generation PC radiator designed for uncompromising performance and stealth silent operation. The GTS120 boasts of a radically redesigned Black Ice® core technology that maximizes heat transfer efficiency and maintains effectively the same compact profile of the Black Ice® Pro.Features:
  • Two-pass U-flow tank configuration.
  • Custom MaxFin™ 25 micron Copper Splitter Fin Configuration utilizing 45% thinner fin material yielding up to 50% less pressure drop even with twice the fin density.
  • Unique fin configuration eliminates intra-louver accumulation of dust particles for trouble free operation.
  • Unprecedented Ultra-high 30 FPI (Fins Per Inch) fin density providing dramatically increased heat transfer surface area.
  • Custom low-profile 19.0 x 1.2mm MaxFlow™ tubes with 15% more waterside surface area and 60% frontal area reduction for superior low air-resistance aerodynamics and lower internal flow requirements.
  • Yields up to 20% more heat exchange capacity than the Black Ice® Pro in both Stealth or Performance modes.
  • Achieves Black Ice® Xtreme level performance in stealth mode (low-noise/low-airflow conditions).
  • M4 Threaded Screw Holes (works for 6-32 also) for easier mounting and greater adaptability.
  • Now standard G 1/4" female threaded fittings.
  • Max Continuous Pressure Rating of 1.7 Bars (24.7psi)
  • Full high-temper brass structural construction for weight reduction and superior corrosion resistance.
  • High performance compact radiator compatible as an upgrade to the Black Ice® Pro and most 120mm form factor radiators.
  • Uses 100% Non-corrosive water-solluble fluxing process.
  • Lead-free construction for environmental protection and RoHS compliance.
  • Full electrostatic polyurethane painting finish for uniform coating with high temperature curing for increased finish durability.
  • Renowned Black Ice® quality.

133mm wide x 157mm tall x 29.6mm thick
  • I will also include the hose I purchased for this build. It is Clear DD-TFC Tubing 3/8 ID 5/8 OD There is 6 feet but I have cut it up to fit these parts with a video card cooler as well. You might be able to use most if not all of it deoending on your setup.
    • All mounting hardware will be included with all pieces. I had installed velcro on the mounting feet for the pump as I didn't want to drill any holes in the case.
    • I paid 200.00 for all the pieces in this kit from Danger Den + shipping. Now you can get it for a bargain
    • If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
    • Thank you for looking, and happy bidding.
    • This system is set up for 3/8 tubing as mentioned above with Danger Den high flow barbed fittings and captured O-Rings for a leak proof seal..
    • I am also including a bottle of Feser One F-1 Red coolant that is UV Reactive.
    • I entered the wrong information on the Radiator. I have revised it above in the listing. It is a GTS 120. It also will include a Thermaltake 120mm Fan Smart Case Fan II, with 3 speed settings. You can select from full speed with a jumper, temp control from the included temp sensor wire or with the included adjustable fan speed controller located in a rear PCI slot.
    • 25.5 Db @ 1300RPM to 45 Db @ 3500RPM 35.43 CFM to 95.22 CFM. You can hook it directly to the motherboard for fan settings through the BIOS, or fan controller software, or it can be hooked up directly to the power supply via the 4 pin molex plugin.

The total I paid was $135US shipped!

rfd

hofo
Old March 24, 2009, 09:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That's alright but not the greatest.

And I'd question how well that fan cools the radiator...
Old March 24, 2009, 09:23 AM
MVP

I got plenty of fans :)

rfd

hofo
Old March 24, 2009, 09:25 AM
MVP

I think for the price value it rocks ;)

rfd

hofo
Old March 25, 2009, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Honestly, $400-500 water loops are only gonna knock off a few extra C's off a $200-300 water loop. I would only buy used and save the money.
Old March 27, 2009, 04:51 AM
Top Prospect

The GT stealth is supposedly really bad, look at the component recommendation guide to see this.