Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_G
Blerg. Alright, pumps in series it is. Thanks, guys. Well, maybe I'll look into that window reservoir idea I had, I'm just worried about flow rate if I do that.

Although I think even one CPX-PRO pump may suffice for my use, shouldn't it? Rads are Feser 360mm and a Swiftech MCR220, may go with a PA160.1 for the back though, if I can find one. The blocks are Fuzions, running it all on 3/8" tube.

Well, it's not to scale. The fillport is bigger than the CPU blocks, each of which is twice the size of a GPU!
question what kind of computing will be doing with this set-up ?

IMHO for pumps go with DCC and loose the 4 to 1 manifold

using 2 1/2" Y's , you push on 3/8 tubing just muscle an pot of warm water

for rez just get a large one an share with both circuits mod for fill port by adding

another 3x 1/4npt hole on top
Attached Images

Old March 12, 2009, 11:47 AM
Allstar

Just did some quick research, and people are doing just fine with a single MCP655 on a dual-rad config, some with more than 3 blocks. Since the CPX-PRO is slightly less powerful than an MCP655, I think it should turn out alright with 3 blocks. 4 would be pushing it though. If I decide to do the window res, I'll definitely need two pumps. But, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

You guys are right, I was trying to make this way more complicated than it really is. I think this will be my final setup (reorganized and scaled more appropriately for my case):

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
question what kind of computing will be doing with this set-up ?

IMHO for pumps go with DCC and loose the 4 to 1 manifold

using 2 1/2" Y's , you push on 3/8 tubing just muscle an pot of warm water

for rez just get a large one an share with both circuits mod for fill port by adding

another 3x 1/4npt hole on top
Workstation for all media (audio, video, web, print), and a little gaming now and then.

I want to give the CPX-PRO a shot, as it is reportedly considerably quieter than the competition, despite being a little weaker. But yeah, I will be getting rid of the Koolance quad thing. I'll probably avoid a res altogether, but we'll see if the window res is doable or not, if so, that's what I'll do.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro

Last edited by S_G; March 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM. Reason: stray line
Old March 20, 2009, 12:10 AM
Rookie

Your latest loop diagram looks perfect. If you are going to go stock CPU speed, then you don't need the 2nd Rad (240). The main rad (360) will do the job for all 3 blocks with moderate fans.

I run a quad Q6600 at 2.8Ghz + NB/SB/Mosfet + GPU and get idle temp of about 30C and 36C load with extremely low speed fans on the 360 with only noise the hard drive. Of course this is all housed in an HAF932 which has insane airflow.