Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dude, just buy the Swiftech. The performance difference is so minimal as to be almost negligible and they're coming out with a stackable design so you could actually fit two rads in the space of one Feser for less money and more performance.
Old March 6, 2009, 07:28 PM
MVP
F@H

really? from the reviews I've seen the Feser proves far superior. I already am using 2 swiftec doubles, my plan was to upgrade one of them to a high performance triple. I just don't know if the upgrade from a swiftec double to triple would really be worthwhile.
VIDEO: 3 x Visiontek HD3870
Old March 6, 2009, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Far superior?

What do you classify as far? 2 degrees?

The Feser and the Thermochill are pretty much the same in terms of performance.

Check out the Triple Rad comparison here: skinnee labs

I was looking to go for Feser or Thermochill triples, but I'm not going to pay $110 for 2C maximum of difference.
Old March 6, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

It's a small difference between the top dogs. At this point, the most important issue seems to be what kind of fans you're using. The Black Ice radiators pull ahead with faster fan speeds (i.e. 2000rpm+), but the others are pretty darn close at slower fan speeds.

Frankly, I think I'd be kind of surprised if you saw 2 degrees difference under standard operating conditions/gaming. These days, the biggest cooling upgrade you can do seems to be turning down your heat or turning up your A/C.
Old March 7, 2009, 12:41 AM
Allstar

Really, it depends on what fans, blocks and pumps you want to use. I find that Swiftech is fine for moderate setups, like a dual-core plus a reasonable video card. Putting a quad and a high-end (or two) video cards tends to be a bit much, and it gets worse faster with more blocks or less powerful pumps than it does with a Feser Xchanger. Is it worth the extra money? For me, yes, but not everyone.

If you are running both of those Swiftech doubles on a single pump, then I don't suggest going to a Swiftech triple. They are very restrictive compared to TC and TFC rads.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro
Old March 7, 2009, 01:15 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
These days, the biggest cooling upgrade you can do seems to be turning down your heat or turning up your A/C.

True that,,,,, I open the sliding door and let all the fans suck in all that cold snow!!!! MMuuuuahhhhh,,,,,,, kidding of coarse(i dont wanna see someone really try that and blame me)
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old March 7, 2009, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_G View Post
Really, it depends on what fans, blocks and pumps you want to use. I find that Swiftech is fine for moderate setups, like a dual-core plus a reasonable video card. Putting a quad and a high-end (or two) video cards tends to be a bit much, and it gets worse faster with more blocks or less powerful pumps than it does with a Feser Xchanger. Is it worth the extra money? For me, yes, but not everyone.

If you are running both of those Swiftech doubles on a single pump, then I don't suggest going to a Swiftech triple. They are very restrictive compared to TC and TFC rads.
With a DDC or a D5 the restriction difference between the Swiftech and the Feser isn't going to be that much of a factor.

Compared to a waterblock, it's not that much restriction at all. Still, I suppose that you'll see a slight difference when you go to multiple blocks in the loop.

I can get two MCR320s (which should out-perform the Feser) for less money than the Feser, especially now that they've released the stackable rads. So...less money, better performance. Where's the loss there?

As for Swiftech for moderate systems like a dual core, I'll beg to differ. Heat load is heat load. As Skinnee's tests show, even at 580W, the Swiftech hangs with the "big boys" just fine.

Again, I think, overall, if you had two systems that were the same in every aspect (CPU, GPU and NB blocks, for example, with a D5 pump) with a Swiftech you might get one or two degrees difference than with the Feser. For $110?

Anyway, we all have our opinions and theories.

I really shouldn't say since I haven't fully tested the Swiftechs yet, but from what I've seen, it's a win.
Old March 8, 2009, 10:45 AM
MVP
F@H

Well I have 3 full-coverage GPU's, a CPU, and the NB (soon) in the loop. Temps load at 40C max for all chips after a few hours. Typical idle temps (like right now) are 30C on everything.

I have a larger case that now fits a triple. I am adding the NB, and I just feel that I am starting to go beyond what the 2 doubles can handle. I have nothing against swiftec, I am very happy with the performance of the rads so far.

for me $100-$200 for a rad is plenty worth it. I'd actually like to get the Feser Monsta rad if they ever come out... looks like an absolute beast!
VIDEO: 3 x Visiontek HD3870
Old March 8, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinister View Post
Well I have 3 full-coverage GPU's, a CPU, and the NB (soon) in the loop. Temps load at 40C max for all chips after a few hours. Typical idle temps (like right now) are 30C on everything.

I have a larger case that now fits a triple. I am adding the NB, and I just feel that I am starting to go beyond what the 2 doubles can handle. I have nothing against swiftec, I am very happy with the performance of the rads so far.

for me $100-$200 for a rad is plenty worth it. I'd actually like to get the Feser Monsta rad if they ever come out... looks like an absolute beast!
For your setup, the more free-flowing the rad, the better.

There's not really a "best" so to speak. There's only "best for my application".