Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2009, 11:03 AM
Allstar

Default First WC Build

hey guys, I've been working on my first wc build this morning, what do you think? (p.s. the red green reservoir will be replaced with a swiftech microres soon!!!)

]

Been testing for about 3 hours now. No leaks! I was using an external psu for the first 2 hours, then decided i wanted to hook up all my fans and lights, but the other psu is too low off wattage for everything, and im pretty sure i fried it.

So I just stuck a wire in the end of my 24 pin atx connector, to auto poweron the psu.

All in all, so good so far. Also, my computer is not powered on in the pictures. The motherboard, harddrives, and dvd drive have absolutely no power to them atm for testing purposes. I'm not that dumb! :D

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 6, 2009, 11:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wicked i think it work and looks good let me know what your temps are like before and after
Old March 6, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks good. I get to set up my first loop as well soon. Hopefully I'll have something that looks as good as that.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old March 6, 2009, 11:21 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
Looks good. I get to set up my first loop as well soon. Hopefully I'll have something that looks as good as that.

Thanks, its really fun setting up. I really recommend getting a UV Cathode to show off you're loop. It looks pretty bland without the light.

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 6, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by element291 View Post
Thanks, its really fun setting up. I really recommend getting a UV Cathode to show off you're loop. It looks pretty bland without the light.
Well, I got the Primoflex Black tubing as I'm using plain distilled water with Hydrx, of course wrapped in some UV red anti-kink coils. I may pick up a UV cathode, maybe I could run one Red and one UV instead of 2 red, might work out nicely.
The only thing I think I'm going to have problems is with getting the tubing length and setup right.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old March 6, 2009, 11:37 AM
Allstar

I just always cut longer than i needed by about an inch or two. I had bought 19 feet of it, and still have about 6 feet left over.

Old March 6, 2009, 11:54 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
wicked i think it work and looks good let me know what your temps are like before and after

I said screw it and hooked up everything since I didnt see any signs of a leak, and all my connections are A1.

My temps are exactly the same as when I was on air. I might add 2 120mm fans on the rad to pull air through it. Hopefully that will make a difference.

Old March 6, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

you should get fans and i too have a uv light but i have heard that they cause vinyl tubing to die a faster death just what i heard have know idea if there's any truth at all
Old March 6, 2009, 01:35 PM
Allstar

Hmm, i have those two fans on the front of the case pushing air through the rad, and i also have a 120 mm fan on the other side of the rad on the inside of the case pulling the air through the rad. So I have a fan on each section of the rad on both sides, except the top inner location.

My temps are exactly the same as when I air cooled. I'm wondering if I should get 4 yate loons or scythes and a radbox, and mount the rad on the back of the case? It will be way uglier, but im not getting any results with the current setup?

Old March 6, 2009, 01:43 PM
Allstar

These appear to be the best fans for CFM and low noise for a decent price. The Noctuas are too damn expensive.

Cheaper at DC aswell. Almost half price. $31.88 for 4 fans. I may get them, and then a radbox after i try those 4 on the rad in the case.