Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2009, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i have tried it both ways right now i am on rad to block to res to pump. htpc loop up upstairs is rad to res to pump to block. now they are to different cpu but both quad.
now to my point both cpus at stock clocks get almost the same temps i can see much of a difference
Old March 6, 2009, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

you said that your fan was a vandetta2 i have a ven1 on my mothers computer and that same cpu drop like 5c under water at idle and went way down underload
Old March 6, 2009, 05:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i see people getting like 60c and under at full load on air with quads i wish
Old March 6, 2009, 06:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Loop order makes little to no difference in coolant temps. The reasoning behind having your rad immediately before your CPU block is so that the coolant is at it's lowest temp while running over the CPU. IIRC, testing has shown a 1-2 degree difference in the coolant temp flowing over the block, which is not enough of a difference to affect your core temps much.

What are your idle and load temps?

Also, are your fans pushing exterior air in over the rad, or exhausting case air out? I've had better results with my fans pushing cool air in.
Old March 6, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

mine are right now are 38 38 44 42 load are like 72 and down
Old March 6, 2009, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

but element went from air to water and hes getting the same temps to the tee
Old March 6, 2009, 06:07 PM
Allstar

Exactly. I always got high 40s, mid 50s full load with my vendetta, and its basically the same with this watercooling. I am going to switch the fans around now to pull cool air in.

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 6, 2009, 06:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

That should help. I'd also change it so your 2 fans are on the push side, not on the pull side. I get better results with push than pull.

Edit: Also, did you flush your parts out before assembly? Funny things have been found in rads and blocks. It's worthwhile taking the block apart to make sure it's not gummed up.
Old March 6, 2009, 06:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya just check moms pc and 31 32c idle with water i can always get core2 down to room which is 25.6c. Q6600 on water in living room 30 31 32 30 watching a movie and room of 27.9c
i can never do that with air not even hdt pipe ones
Old March 6, 2009, 06:32 PM
Allstar

Hmm, I never took the block apart, but i flushed everything before assembling. I changed all the fans around on the rad. So now the outer fans are pushing cold outside air through the rad, and the two fans on the other side of the rad are pulling the air through the rad, and into the case.

The temps are exactly the same again...

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |