Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2009, 07:15 AM
Allstar

Default PT Nuke

Hey guys, I was reading some forums and came across this product. I read that it was necessary to put in your loop when using distilled water.

I checked NCIX, and DC, and neither of them have it in stock, nor is it available.

I was wondering if anyone had some left over I could get from them? Or if you know where I can buy some?

Thanks,

E291

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 5, 2009, 07:22 AM
Allstar
F@H

I've only been able to find it from US etailers, so I just ended up getting a bottle of HydrX
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old March 5, 2009, 07:29 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
I've only been able to find it from US etailers, so I just ended up getting a bottle of HydrX

Hmm. I just bought some distilled water, and I'm wanting to get whatever I need before I setup the loop, so that way I dont screw anything up over time.

So Swiftechs Hydrx will basically do the same thing as PT Nuke? Also, If I want to add colour, what should I add. Or will adding certain colour changing attidives cause problems in the water?

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 5, 2009, 07:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

Well, before I used Primochill's Coolant + Dye Bomb. that gave me some nice crappy residue in my loop after only a few months, so I ditched that, bought colored tubing and went with distilled. HydrX was my second choice for the loop, PT nuke being first. HydrX is green and supposedly UV reactive off the bat, so I doubt that it can have it's color changed.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old March 5, 2009, 07:42 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Petra's Tech Shop (Petra's Tech Shop is the place that makes it. They also have other dyes that you can probably mix with it. It's a US retailer, but I'm pretty sure they ship to Canada.
Old March 5, 2009, 07:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I recommend Petra's as well.

However if you want use this stuff
PrimoChill Liquid Utopia - Clear Products Model: L-UTOPIA-CL [L-UTOPIA-CL] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

This plus some silver, or Primochill LRT tubing and you're good to go.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old March 5, 2009, 08:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i have used feser thermaltake and now hydrx i have heard you can use wetter water if you read what's in it it's just a basic anti freeze ethnol gylcol something or other don't have it in front of me my point is there are alot of good products out there it's what you choose ( clean your loop once every 6 months ) while i do
Old March 5, 2009, 08:20 AM
Allstar

Excellent responses. I just emailed DC to update my current order to add the Hydrx.

Hopefully they reply soon, and get it shipped out asap so I can get started on this build!

Old March 5, 2009, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

water loop for what build your q8300
Old March 5, 2009, 08:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee
i have used feser thermaltake and now hydrx i have heard you can use wetter water if you read what's in it it's just a basic anti freeze ethnol gylcol something or other don't have it in front of me my point is there are alot of good products out there it's what you choose ( clean your loop once every 6 months ) while i do
hydrx is EG toxic make a trip to canadain tire an get prestone (in white bottle) pet safe anti-freeze PG is less toxic same as your girlfriend's eyeliner

OP use only 2 drop of PTnuke in loop.