Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2009, 08:33 AM
Allstar

Yeah, Im going to be using the Apogee GTZ and just cooling the 8300 to start with. Then in maybe a month when I get more money I want to cool my 2 HD 4870 because just running idle I burnt my fingers on the heatpipes. (ridicilous heat)

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 5, 2009, 08:36 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
hydrx is EG toxic make a trip to canadain tire an get prestone (in white bottle) pet safe anti-freeze PG is less toxic same as your girlfriend's eyeliner

OP use only 2 drop of PTnuke in loop.

Generally any antifreeze is going to be pretty toxic. We use buckets of it at our hunt camp to kill mice. (stick ontop of the bucket, then walk on the stick for the food, stick and mouse falls in bucket and dies)

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 5, 2009, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thank i new some new better then me here thank the white bottle you say prestone
Old March 5, 2009, 09:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Just a note to say that Petra's does take orders from Canada (payment via Paypal) and that they are very fair for their shipping rates. Quoc charged me $3 to send up a GTZ bracket and some "gel-stuff" via USPS. Took 9 days to get to me, but what did I expect for $3? The order before that was a box full of goodies, and that was $12 shipping.
Old March 5, 2009, 09:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
hydrx is EG toxic make a trip to canadain tire an get prestone (in white bottle) pet safe anti-freeze PG is less toxic same as your girlfriend's eyeliner

OP use only 2 drop of PTnuke in loop.
The only problem with this is , you have to knock the concentration down still.
Its 50/50 and running that through a W/C loop would lose out on some of the thermal properties.
The coolant that most Makers sell is Propolyne Glycol which is a G.R.A.S. rating (Generally Recognized As Safe).
Coolants with Ethylene Glycol , are not the best when it comes to WC loops, they have a high toxicity.

Gingerbee, if you were to use Water Wetter , make sure the rest of your coolant is Ethylene Glycol...as it doesn't mix well with Propolyne Glycol.

The best setup is two drops of Biocide (from either PT's or any Aquarium store) and something to prevent the issues with mixing metals in W/C loops.

Good Luck!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 5, 2009, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just regular just Biocide i can get from pet store ( oh and thank for the warning )