Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2009, 08:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
Oh, and by the way the block is the Swiftech Storm.
Well that block isn't going to do well on any modern CPU IMO

As for PT_NUKE: NCIX.com - Buy Pts Petra PT_NUKE Concentrated Biocide Water Additive for Water Cooling (10ML) - NUKE-10 In Canada. though no stock.

And if your going to screw through the case, fans, then radiator, make sure the screw is the proper length to do so. You do NOT want to screw into the fins on the radiator and then have leaks.

You can flush with warm/hot tap water to begin with. Though I'd suggest wearing some gloves since those radiators heat up fast with hot water in them...
Old March 1, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ah, I see all of you looking at it by case<fans<rad, but in my head I was seeing case<rad<fans. Would that even work? God I need to do some more researching.
As for PT_NUKE, I'm ordering everything today (hopefully) so that's sadly not a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
s
what pump using ?
Planning on the DDCPX PRO.

Hrm, I also figured the block wouldn't be great. I didn't pay anything for these things, so it's not an issue of wasting my money though. Money is a bit tight, so I don't want to spend a lot, but on the other hand I don't want to cheap out. Bah this is confusing.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old March 1, 2009, 02:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
Ah, I see all of you looking at it by case<fans<rad, but in my head I was seeing case<rad<fans. Would that even work? God I need to do some more researching.

Hrm, I also figured the block wouldn't be great. I didn't pay anything for these things, so it's not an issue of wasting my money though. Money is a bit tight, so I don't want to spend a lot, but on the other hand I don't want to cheap out. Bah this is confusing.
You can try the Storm but don't be disappointed if your results aren't as expected.

And you could do case<rad<fan assuming the fans are pushing air through the radiator and out though that's not really ideal. Better to pull air through the rad and out of the case.
Old March 1, 2009, 03:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
You can try the Storm but don't be disappointed if your results aren't as expected.

And you could do case<rad<fan assuming the fans are pushing air through the radiator and out though that's not really ideal. Better to pull air through the rad and out of the case.
You guys have the experience, not me
I'll build this loop and run it, see how everything goes. Again, I'm not going for anything awe inspiring.
Now, here comes the fun of trying the get the proper length screws for a case<fan<rad. I guess I should bring a fan and the rad to Rona and make sure everything fits...And I'm sure I'm gonna get questioned when I ask for worm clamps for a computer
I've cleaned both the rad's outsides and the block's insides today, using some diluted 99% isopropanol and a soft toothbrush. I'll flush the rad once I get some distilled water.
This brings me to another question. (I'm good at those ) How much distilled water do you think would be needed for a loop like mine? Basically thinking rad mounted to the top of the HAF, CPU block, pump where the HDD holders are and reservoir, probably somewhere in the 5 1/2 bays.
Code:
<firebane> slightly used

Old March 1, 2009, 03:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You can get a 4 liter jug of distilled for about $2 at your local Safeway or drug store. That will fill your loop 5-6 times.
Old March 1, 2009, 05:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You could always buy longer screws and cut them, but there might be something that will fit.

You're probably looking at 6-32 thread machine screws, at least that's what works on my Swiftech.
Old March 1, 2009, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Found one of these. Fits like a glove in the rad, but is a 1/4 inch too long. Off to Rona tomorrow where I'll be getting 12 of those, and a bunch of worm clamps. :
Code:
<firebane> slightly used