Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2009, 03:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default installing mosfet blocks.

i just picked up some mosfet blocks for my mobo from zoob and i am wondering how to install them. the instuctions from ek say to cut the thermal pad they provide, but i dont have that. is there somewere i can get that cheap and fast or is there something else i can use.
Old February 20, 2009, 03:40 PM
Banned
F@H

No thermal pad in the box? should be a small pink thingie...if not, send Eddy an email via his website, and he'll hook you up...

For a quick fix, pull the pad from the stock cooler, but jsut realize that the cooling will not be as effective as using one of Eddy's pads, due to thickness..
Old February 20, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

is there anywere in canada i can get this, takes to long with paypal. does someone have any that they can sell me.

Last edited by kyle_L; February 20, 2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old February 20, 2009, 05:09 PM
Banned
F@H

you can try one of the US boutique builders, but I do not think they have the same pads. you want one of these:

Old February 20, 2009, 06:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Couldn't you use thermal tape, like you use on ramsinks?
Old February 20, 2009, 06:49 PM
Banned
F@H

Possibly, but sometimes the solder-flow makes the mosfets sit at different heights, and if this is the case, some might not be cooled properly.

This will do though, and is very cheap(69 cents per 1x1 pad, I think):

Thermal Pads [THERMALPADS1] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

by "boutique builders", I meant places like Perf-PCs, or MurderMods BTW. Maybe MurderMods has some...
Old February 20, 2009, 08:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
Possibly, but sometimes the solder-flow makes the mosfets sit at different heights, and if this is the case, some might not be cooled properly.

This will do though, and is very cheap(69 cents per 1x1 pad, I think):

Thermal Pads [THERMALPADS1] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

by "boutique builders", I meant places like Perf-PCs, or MurderMods BTW. Maybe MurderMods has some...
P-PCs sells the EK ones actually: EK Thermal Pad Mosfet Products Model: EK-PAD-MOSFET [EK-PAD-MOSFET] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Old February 21, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i dont need some anymore. i used the ones that came on the mobo. they were sorta stuck to the mosfets so i just used them.